Chapter Fifteen

WARNING: THIS STORY IS KINDA OLD SO IT'S KINDA CRINGE. I WAS YOUNGER WHEN I WROTE IT. JUST KEEP THAT IN MIND!

It was the next day, Roman had to skip school yet again due to being 'sick', and Remus had to stay to care for him again.

Roman was currently asleep, curled into his bed while Remus was downstairs at the table doing school work his boyfriend brought him yesterday. He was doing Roman's as well. Roman needed a break.

Remus jumped when he heard the doorbell ring. Weird. Deceit was suppose to be shopping for wing caring stuff. Remus doesn't remember what he was getting, but it was supposed to help Roman with his.. that.

Maybe he's back already?

Remus gave out an dramatic groan, getting up and stretching his wings before heading to the door.

He opened it, only to be surprised with his friends. Patton, Logan, Virgil, Emile, and Remy. All of them.

"Hey!" Patton waved, "We came to cheer Roman up! We got him things!"

Remus opened his mouth, but Virgil beat him to it, "You can't get us to leave. We could just give him the gifts and leave if we have to though." He shrugged.

Remus sighed, "Come on in, I'll get Roman." He stepped aside so the others could come in.

"Oo, nice house! I just realized we've never been here!" Emile exclaimed. Logan frowned, "Huh. I never realized that either." He looked at Remus, "Were we never invited over before because of your brother?"

Remus shuffled nervously, "Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh- gottagetRoman!" He said quickly, rushing down the hall and into their bedroom.

Roman was sitting up, looking at his phone. He looked up when the door was slammed, "Re? What is it?"

"Everyone is here! They came here to give you shit, God damn them and them being nice.." He muttered. He shook his head, "Anyways, you have to hide your wing just for a minute or so to see them. Otherwise, they won't leave."

Roman looked worried, but sighed. He focused on hiding his wing, but it ended up in him crying out loudly. Tears shimmered in his eyes, as he gasped for a breath, "I-I c-c-can't hide i-it.." he stuttered, fear all over his face. As well as pain.

Remus let out a string of curses, kicking his backpack, "Uh- wrap yourself around a blanket!"

Roman rubbed the stump of his wing, trying to soothe the pain, "O-Ok.." He grabbed his blanket, wrapping his wing around himself before wrapping the blanket.

Remus looked over him, "Good," he nodded in approval, "Can hardly tell your wing is out at all."

The twins walked down the hall, Remus with a nervous, yet protective expression. If things went wrong, he'd stay by his brother side throughout it all. That's what he always did, and always will do.

Roman was shaking. He was trying to act like his brave, prince self, but the idea of them being only a blanket away to find out what's wrong with him terrified him. Oh, if only Deceit was here! Remus can't lie to save his life!

When the two arrived in the living room, he saw everyone there. Patton was the first to notice. When he saw Roman shaking, he couldn't help but rush over to give him a hug.

Roman panicked, but Remus was already ready. He grabbed Patton's arm, "He doesn't want to be touched right now." He said. Patton looked upset, but nodded.

"Damn," Remy said, taking a long drink before continuing, "You look like you got hit by a truck!"

Virgil was more worried than he was already. Roman had bags under his eyes, his hair was an absolute mess, and he was shaking. He had a blanket around him, but Virgil swore he could see two bumps on his back. But it was hard to tell. He'd have to touch his back to determine.

Roman let out a weak laugh, "H-Ha, yeah.." Logan was frowning the entire time. Something felt.. off. Roman looked sick, yes, but.. he couldn't place it. He was always bad at feelings.

"Do you know what his illness is?" Logan asked Remus. Remus looked nervous, "Uh, nope!" He screamed. Roman winced away, almost tripping over the blanket.

"Poor thing! Haven't you taken him to the doctors?" Emile asked, swaying back and forth as he stood. Remus shook his head, "He hasn't need to yet."

Just then, the door opened. Deceit stood there, with multiple bags around his arms. He looked up, clearly surprised to see everyone here. "This isn't surprising." He said with sarcasm, raising both eyebrows, walking to the kitchen and setting all the bags there.

Deceit immediately went to stand on the other side of Roman, "Are you ok? Do you need to go back to bed? Do you want me to kick them out?" Virgil scoffed, "Yeah, good luck kicking us out."

Deceit sent a dangerous glare towards Virgil. Virgil flinched. Deceit.. he's never sent a glare like that to anyone. It was almost...

Animalistic.

Deceit looked back to Roman, waiting for him to answer. Roman chuckled, "I-I'm alright, Dee!"

Deceit nodded, but kept a firm grip on his shoulder, glancing warily at the others. His snake eye showing a hint of danger.

Remus noticed his boyfriend's behavior, and immediately sprung into action, "Deceit, calm down." He warned. Deceit hissed quietly, but let go of Roman and turned his snake side away from the others.

Logan looked towards the bags, "What did you buy, Deceit?" He asked. Deceit rushed over to the bags, snatching them and glaring at Logan, "Why do you want to know?"

Logan seemed unfazed, simply glaring back, "No need to behave like this. I was simply asking." Deceit almost let out a hiss, but shook his head.

This is getting harder.

"I'm taking these to your room." He said to Remus. He also needed a moment to calm himself down. Remus nodded, Deceit vanishing in the twin's room.

Roman looked at the others, "Uh, are those for me?" He pointed to the two red balloons, and a container with.. cookies?

"Oh!" Patton gasped, "Yeah! We all made cookies for you!" He cheered. Emile giggled, "Patton, you did most of it! We just kinda helped!"

Patton shook his head, putting a hand on his bestfriend's shoulder, "Emile, you helped alot, you all did!"

Remy looked up from his phone, "What?"

Roman removed the lid, revealing around 20 cookies. Some with frosting, some with both frosting and sprinkles, and some plain.

"They're sugar cookies." Patton mentioned.

Roman smiled, looking at his new friends. They did all of this, just to make him feel better. They truly are friends.

"Thank you." He smiled, a genuine one. No hint of pain, nervousness, or tiredness, just plain happiness.