Chapter Twenty-Three

WARNING: THIS STORY IS KINDA OLD SO IT'S KINDA CRINGE. I WAS YOUNGER WHEN I WROTE IT. JUST KEEP THAT IN MIND!

Roman was ever so nervous and excited to go to school. He had difficulty hiding his wing, but was able to do it.

Now, the twins were walking to school. Roman had a strong feeling things were going to be different now. Not only with him, but his brother and his boyfriend too.

Remus has been oddly quiet. He stared ahead while Roman went on about how his back hurt.

Roman nudge Remus, "You good bro?"

Remus sighed, "It's Deceit. I just.. feel betrayed I suppose.." he wrapped his wings around himself, "He's told me about how he got his curse, that he could only speak in lies unless he forces himself not to, and that his snake traits can get out if hands if he's upset. That's all."

Roman nodded slowly, "I can see how you would feel that way, but didn't Deceit say that he physically couldn't tell anyone his real name without ending up in the hospital?"

Remus was silent. Nothing else was spoken between the two. Roman felt like many things were going to go wrong now for everyone...

They arrived at the gate. Roman saw everyone where they normally were, but Emile wasn't here yet.

Patton was happily talking with Logan, Remy teasing Virgil over whatever, and Deceit sitting alone, deep in thought.

Roman looked over at Remus, said twin was staring directly at Deceit.

Oh boy.

Roman grabbed Remus, dragging him to the others, "H-Hey!" he greeted, a bit scared that they might treat him differently.

Virgil snapped his attention over first, then everyone else looked. Deceit stood up, looking like he wanted to speak, but couldn't.

"Hey Roman, hey Remus!" Patton said. Logan looked over at Roman with a frown, "Is hiding your wing hurting you?" he asked.

Roman laughed nervously, "Yeah.." Logan hummed, "I'll buy you products that could possibly help." he got out his phone, ready to make a list, "Tell, do you have any allergies besides felines?"

Virgil snorted, "Calm down, Lo. He can just go to the hospital and get free shit there." Remy laughed, leaning on Virgil. Virgil glared at Remy, but made no movement to push hin off, "Get off, you coffee addict."

Remy only laughed again, "Nah hon, you are like, radiating heat."

Virgil rolled his eyes, but smiled when he looked at Roman. Roman gave out a tired giggle.

Remus shook his head, putting on his normal- well, it isn't necessarily a normal smile, but it is for Remus.

"You always let Remy touch you!" He pouted, "Why am I not allowed to hug you?~"

Remy smirked, "One: you smell weird. Two: family gets to hug family."

Everyone was startled by that, but Deceit. "What do you mean?" Patton asked.

Remy looked down at Virgil. Virgil was glaring such hatred towards him. Remy wrapped both arms around him, nuzzling his hair, "We're cousins!"

Virgil hissed, pushing Remy off and went to hide behind Roman, careful to not touch his back.

Roman laughed, patting Virgil's shoulder, "I'll protect you."

"Cousins?" Logan repeated, "May we know which parent is siblings with the other?"

Remy's smile flattened a little, "My mom is related to his mom."

Remus looked over at Virgil, "You never talk about your family. Maybe Remy co-"

"Nope." Remy pushed up his sunglasses, "Ain't saying shit to anyone about our family. None of ya businesses, babe."

Remus was taken aback, but only shrugged.

Deceit took a step back, hugging himself. Remus seemed fine without him. He looked away, "I'm not going to go help a teacher with something I remember." he said. He flapped his green and gold wing, easily flying off to the entrance of the building before flying down and hiding his wings as he quickly walked in.

Remus didn't say anything, only stared at him. Roman frowned. Many things are definitely going to go wrong today.

Roman felt arms wrap around his waist from behind. He blushed a red as looked up to see Virgil.

"Hey, after school, we need to talk." he whispered, sending shivers through him. Roman nodded, wanting to lean back, but also didn't want to hurt his back further.

Patton let go of Logan's arm to look around as he hovered over the ground a bit.

Patton frowned when he couldn't find what he was looking for. Logan spoke, "Is something the matter, Patton?"

Patton sighed, going back on the ground and taking out his phone, "Just looking for Emile. He hasn't showed up yet, and classes are going to start."

Patton pulled up his childhood friend's contact, sending him a text.

Patton: Hey school is about to start. Are you running late?

Remy now was frowning, as he hovered above the ground to look out for the loveable guy.

Remus, Roman, and Virgil were all talking about the difference between the twins.

Patton waited a while longer, but got no reply. He got worried, but tried not to think too much of it.

Roman then noticed, "Hey, where's Emile? Class is literally going to start. We should probably go."

Patton knew Emile better than anyone. The two told eachother almost everything. Emile would always tell Patton if he couldn't go to school.

Something had to be wrong.

"Tell the teachers I'm sick or something." Patton mumbled, spreading his wings.

Remus beamed, "Holy fuck, YOU want to lie about where you are? You want to LIE? The teenager phase finally caught up to you, eh?" he joked.

Roman hit his brother aside the head, "Hey!" Remus yelled. Roman and Virgil both scowled at him.

Logan was surprised himself, "What are you doing that requires you to lie? Are you not against lying?" he asked.

Patton looked ashamed, "I don't want to, but I have something extremely important to do. I may skip school entirely."

Remus and Remy both clapped, "Go Patton! Skipping school like a badass." Remus giggled. Remy cheered, "Join the dark side! Become a true teenager!"

"Oh hush." Patton dismissed them, face pink from embarrassment, "This is the only time I'm doing this."

Virgil shrugged, "A bit surprising, but do whatever. It's obviously important if you have to lie and skip school."

"Honestly never thought you, or even Logan, would want to break the rules." Remus kept teasing.

Patton glared at Remus, but then started to flap his wings, taking off into the air, flying away.

Logan was tempted to join him, but he has never missed a day of school before.

"Welp," Roman clapped his hands, "Let's get to class, yeah? Don't wanna be late."

The five took off to class, not ready for what today has in store for them.