Chapter 8 : Attempts

_~_~_~_~_~_~_

_~_~_~_~_~_~_

    I move around my room looking for a clean paper. I've been searching for almost five minutes and I couldn't find any. I sigh and throw myself on the bed making a low thud.

A thought crosses my mind and I decide on doing it. I get out of the bedroom wearing my pyjamas, Grey top and patterned trousers. On my way to the stairs I hear nothing from my brothers' rooms. I walk downstairs to the kitchen. I hear muffled voices speaking. The voices become clearer with every step I take forward.

"she's hiding something form us" Xander whispers furiously.

I stop in my track. Are they talking about me?

"and she won't tell us" Xavier says in..
Disbelief?

"that's why you have to be patient with her. I promised her we'll give her time. You have to earn her trust" Vincent tells them calmly. "not force her to talk" Liam adds.

"She. Had. A. Panic attack. And you want me to SHUT UP?!!" Xavier yells.

"Keep your voice down" Liam hisses. "You're gonna wake her up".

They keep silent for a few minutes. And I keep standing there thinking. "Jessica" Vincent says. My eyes widen and I stand still, not moving.

How did he know I'm here?! And for how long?

"-needs us" he completes. "She needs someone to be there for her and she must know that we are here
She needs to know it, for starters". He pauses.

He thinks I'm broken. Doesn't he?

That I need help,

But I don't need his pity!

"So, the best thing to do is to be with her. Got it?".

All I want is
         My family back.

"Don't you think we know that?" Xavier asks. His voice leaves a trace of... Sadness? stabbing me in the heart. For an unknown reason.

"well" he continues, "We do, but how are we going to be with her if she barely even talks with us?".

"We have to keep trying" Liam whispers. "We have to. That's our job" he says more loudly. I can't do this. Not right now. I turn to leave.

"I'll go wake Jessica up for breakfast". Vincent says. Once I hear him my pace fastens. I tiptoe all the way to my room as fast and quiet as I can. And gladly I reach the room before he gets sight of me. Vincent knocks on the door, but I don't say anything. He opens the door a little and asks. "Can I come in?". I look at him. He sends me a wrm smile. I nod looking down.