Chapter Eighteen

AN: I'm sorry it took so long, I had exams and some other crap going on in my life. Anyway enjoy the new chapter. There's probably one left now and a epilogue. Also, this would've been up last night, but my nan cut the internet off before I could save it, so I lost everything... grr

***

Dean carried Castiel to the impala, he still hadn't woken up but he couldn't leave him in that stupid place. He placed him in the back seat, Gabe sat beside him smiling sadly. Dean sighed and got into the drivers seat, beginning the tiresome drive home, Sam attempted to comfort them, but he failed miserably.

-

After breaking a few speed limits Dean parked the car in the drive-way thirty minutes later. He got out of the car, lifting Castiel out bridal style.

"Everything okay with him?" The neighbour who had comforted Gabriel a few nights ago yelled.

Dean nodded. "Just tired." He called back, walking to the door, avoiding anymore socializing, that the women could possibly drag him into.

He somehow made it to his and Castiel's room without breaking down and laid him down on the bed. He walked out, closing the door behind him, he slowly slid down the door, letting the tears fall freely. He wasn't sure how long he sat there, but after at least two hours Sam walked up to him.

"Is he still sleeping?" He asked.

Dean nodded slowly.

"Why? You woke up in minutes."

Dean shrugged. "He was in the Djinn world longer than I was."

Sam nodded and sat beside Dean, resting his chin on his knees.

They sat in silence for a long time, they could hear Gabriel walking around, doing random household stuff trying to distract himself, he wanted to avoid Castiel's room as much as possible. Sam headed to bed with Gabe around midnight, but Dean refused to sleep, however much they insisted.

Around two in the morning, when tiredness started getting the better of him, he found himself falling asleep against the door.

***

Castiel slowly opened his eyes, trying to adjust to the light filling the room, he sat up, worry filling him. He took enough pills, he shouldn't be alive, it was impossible. He looked around the room, and once again something was different, he looked to his left and on the beside table was a picture of him, Dean, Gabe and Sam. He smiled brightly and pulled himself out of bed, trying not to run to the door. He pulled it open ready to go find Dean, but he didn't need to to.

Dean was suddenly wide awake looking up a familiar pair of blue eyes.

"Dean!" Castiel yelled, pulling him up and hugging. "You're back."

"I didn't go anywhere, you did." He whispered.

"What?" Cas asked tilting his head in confusion.

"I'll explain later, let's wake Gabe, he's been waiting for you."

Castiel nodded and ran to Gabriel's room, he didn't question where he'd been, he was to excited. He ran in and literally jumped onto his brothers bed. Sam and Gabe both yelled in union jumping up to face Cas, Gabe grinned and wrapped his arms around his brother, smiling.

***

"So you're telling me, monsters are real, and I was kidnapped by one?" Castiel demanded, raising an eyebrow.

Dean nodded. "I'm sorry I never told you."

"I guess it explains that weird world." he murmured

"What was in your world?" Gabe asked "Dean told me it would create itself around what you wanted, so family and normality. How did you know it wasn't real?"

"I didn't have a name on my wrist for one, I woke up and suddenly I was married to this guy Balthazar..."

"Your ex?" Gabe interrupted.

"Yep, I also had a daughter, but I didn't know either of them, then there was the fact me and you never spoke, Dean had dumped me, leaving me for some stupid reason and Sam... he died. I realized it wasn't my world because I didn't have my family and if it was real I didn't want it, I just wanted you three."

Dean smiled softly. "I got you back, that's all I care about, I'll never let something hurt you again, I..." Dean cut himself off shaking hsi head, he knew he'd never told Cas he loved him yet, and he didn't want him to think he was only saying it because he was hurt.

"I love you Dean." Cas whispered, looking at his feet.

Gabe and Sam looked at each other, with small smiles they stood up leaving the couple alone.

"Why do you never say it Dean?" Castiel asked the question he'd held back for years.

Dean sighed, he stood up and walked over to Castiel, he didn't looked up and kept his eyes n the floor, so Dean crouched in front of him.

"I know I've never said it Cas and believe me I have my reasons, but don't think for one second I don't feel the same way."

"What's the reasons?"

Dean sighed. "I lost my mother at four, I lost my father a few years back, and I've lost Sam, but I got him back somehow, I'm scared that if I admit how I feel about you, I'll lose you."

"I'd never leave Dean," he murmured, cupping Dean's cheek with his left hand, it was that moment he noticed the ring on his finger, he raised an eyebrow and held his hand in front of Dean's face. "When did I get this."

"Well... uhh..."

Before Dean could answer Castiel pulled it off and looked at it closely, biting his lip when he saw the engraving.

---

Vote, Comment, Publish