Chapter Thirteen

Dean slammed the impala door shut looking over at Sam.

"So, five people missing, including two hunters, one taken every week, and Castiel was taken last night, so if it's a djinn, we have a week to find Cas before he drains the life out of him." Dean summed it up bluntly, ignoring the look Gabriel gave him.

Sam sighed and nodded "pretty much," he watched Dean, he was waiting, he knew Dean wouldn't be able to keep going, he'd break at some point, and when he did, Sam had no idea how he was going to help.

Dean looked over into the back seat to look at Gabriel, "think about Cas, what's the one thing he wanted, something he wished for in life."

"Why?" Gabriel questioned.

Sam looked at Dean "you'll only make it worse for yourself."

"Shut up Sam," Dean snapped "answer the question Gabe."

Gabriel sighed and ran a hand through his hair, he thought for a moment, "to be a doctor, to get married, to have a family, he wanted a family more than anything."

Dean froze, he was so stupid, all his hunting, all his disappearances, the one thing Castiel wanted, he couldn't give him, his hand subconsciously went to his pocket causing Sam to raise an eyebrow, he'd been doing that for the last few days, but a lot more since last night.

"Let's go," Dean muttered starting the car, he drive for a few minutes when Sam got a phone call.

"Bobby, what have you got?" Sam questioned.

Dean waited for Sam to hang up and when he did, he looked at Dean.

"Four people were found dead, two of which were the hunters Bobby sent after the djinn,"

Dean sighed "we need to find where they were found." He muttered.

Sam nodded and began to dig through the glove box, he pulled out the two FBI badges him and Dean had used the day before and a third, he threw it at Gabriel, "you're gonna put a suit on and help us, or not?"

"You want me to impersonate an FBI agent?"

"Yes, so you gonna do it?"

"Whatever, anything to help us find Castiel."

*

Sam, Dean, and Gabriel walked into the police station, all with suits on.

"Can I help you gentlemen?" The man behind a desk asked.

Dean, followed by Sam and Gabriel, pulled out his FBI badge.

"I'm agent Smith, these are agents Jones, and Lewis we're here to help with case of the four victims found today,"

"We only wrote the report this morning, why is the FBI already involved?"

"We were in the area and we were told to take a look, so we'll need to know where they were found and see the bodies."

The man nodded, "follow me."

*

"Djinn. No doubt about," Sam muttered getting back into the car, Gabriel was still in a state of shock, seeing Sam and Dean cut open a dead body like they done it everyday... then again, they probably did.

"We need to find him, I've been taken by a djinn before Sam, and I wanted to stay, it almost one." Dean whispered.

"What happened?" Gabriel questioned.

"Not important." Dean muttered.

"My brother has been taken by one, so yes it is important."

"It drains the life out of you Gabe, it makes you dream a new life, with what you wish could be your life, I wished my mother had never died. So she didn't."

"How did you survive?"

"I killed myself." Dean said bluntly, "I figured it out, when my mother didn't die, it meant me and Sam never hunted, so we weren't close, we weren't the brothers we are now, I knew it wasn't my life. But I wanted to stay, because Sam was happy, he was going to have a family, my mother was alive, and I could've had a family."

"Why did you leave?"

"I couldn't leave Sam behind," he whispered glancing at his brother.

Sam smiled slightly "not like I would've let you die."

"Right, now we need to find out why the djinn moved and where is it."

---

My natural evil side is kicking in as I write the end of this, which is in about 5-7 chapters.

Stuck at a stupid Christmas party so I thought I'd update.

Vote Comment Follow