Chapter Nine

Castiel's P.O.V

Sam never came back, he simply met up with Gabe and told him his father had passed away so he need to stay with Dean, Castiel then had to care for a heartbroken Gabriel. Not once in his entire life had Castiel ever seen Gabriel cry until that day, and it was heartbreaking for him.

"Gabriel," Castiel whispered rubbing his back "it's okay, I promise you'll be okay,"

Gabriel sniffed and lifted his head, he's eyes red and swollen "how do you know?"

"You know Sam's brother Dean?" Castiel whispered,

Gabriel nodded, "what about him?"

Castiel, instead of answering, pulled up his sleeve and showed Gabriel "I know it's him, but he brushed me off Gabriel, and I know how much you care about Sam, but I promise he'll come back for you."

Gabriel sighed and nodded "I love him Cas, so I'll trust him, he'll come back."

*

That was nearly three years ago and Sam hadn't come back, Gabriel had never gotten over it and refused to date anybody else, Castiel couldn't say or do anything to help him, and him and Gabriel began to grow apart, Gabriel became obsessed with tracking Sam down after the mobile number he had for him was disconnected, Castiel never moved on either, but he'd finished university and was now a fully qualified doctor.

Castiel sat in office after his twentieth patient of the day, he rested his head on his desk trying to fight off the tiredness, sadly his intercom buzzed, he groaned and lifted himself up,

"Doctor Novak! We need you in the emergency room, there's a man, we nothing about him, but he's in pretty bad shape,"

Castiel pulled himself up with a mumbled of 'on my way' and made his way to the emergency room, he walked in a looked at the man laying on the hospital bed, he had a large gash running from his right shoulder to his left him, along with many other cuts and bruises, he'd been knocked out and was hooked up to an IV, Castiel looked at his face and gasped quietly.

He quickly got to work hoping to get everything over and done with before the man woke up, it took just under two hours to clean up the wounds and get him stitched up, when he was done he turned to leave and send a nurse in when the man woke up,

"Where the hell am I?" He grumbled his voice full of tiredness,

"Hospital," Castiel said simply, not looking back,

"Shit, is my brother here?"

"No, sorry," he turned back and smiled sadly "nobody is in the waiting room for you,"

"Do I know you?"

"We met once, not the best way to meet again, Sam, I'm Gabriel's brother."

Sam's eyes widened "Castiel?" He bit his lip "how's Gabe?"

"Honestly? Shit, three years Sam, and all he has done is obsess over where you are, where the hell have you been?"

"Work, stupid family business, tell him I'm sorry, Castiel, please," Sam whispered,

"Oh no, you'll go see him Sam, I barely ever speak to him anymore, since you buggered off, I'll bring him here, since you're stuck here for the next couple of day."

Sam groaned "I can't stay here, I have to find Dean, he's my brother,"

"I know who Dean is," Castiel snapped "he's a dick, now you'll stay here,"

Sam raised an eyebrow "you know him?"

"Sadly, he's an old roommate, I have to go, I'll send a nurse in, and I'll be back tomorrow with Gabriel."

-

Vote Comment Follow