Chapter Twelve

Castiel groaned rolling out of bed, he stood up stretching, he glanced around and froze, it was his house, but everything was different, there was none of the usual pictures that scattered his bedroom walls, his and Dean's clothes were not covering the floor like usual, because bit he were too lazy to clean up.

Then there was the one question of: how the hell did he get here?

He could movement downstairs and assumed it was Gabriel, he smiled slightly, hoping that possibly it was Dean, and maybe Dean could explain what was going on. Thinking of Dean he subconsciously ran a finger over his wrist, glancing down, his smile fell, there was no name on his wrist. It wasn't possible, once you get a name, it doesn't go, you're stuck with it until the day you die, whether you meet your soulmate or not.

He ignored the small voice in the back of his head saying something was obviously wrong, he was having a bad dream, that's all.

He left his room, heading down the hallway, he looked at the clock, which said 1:30pm, he never slept this late. He poked his heading onto Gabriel and Sam's room, only to find it empty, there was three other rooms in this house, and unless he was going crazy, that was their room, he checked the others and only found one with actual belongings in there, but the problem was, the walls were pick, and it was full of toys.

He headed downstairs, walking to the fridge, he grabbed a bottle of water, hoping that it would wake him up a bit, he closed the fridge and turned around, only to come face to face with somebody vaguely familiar. It clicked in his head and the water bottle fell from his hands, not caring about the water spilling over the floor, he stepped back.

"Balthazar?" Castiel asked shocked.

Balthazar smiled "hey sleepy head, are you okay? You look really pale."

Castiel stared at his ex boyfriend, who he'd dated during his time at university, he hadn't changed much over the years, the only question was,what the hell was he doing in his house?

"Since I let you sleep in late, you can go get Anna." Balthazar smiled kissing Castiel's forehead softly.

He couldn't help but flinch at his kiss, he stepped further away staring at him.

"Where's Gabriel?" He asked quietly.

"He's coming around seven, he's bringing his new boyfriend."

"New boyfriend? What happened to Sam? And where the hell is Dean?" Castiel demanded, he was panicking slightly.

"Sam and Dean? As in the Winchester's? Do you not remember what happened?"

Castiel looked at him, slowly shaking his head.

"Dean and you broke up, after he realised he wasn't your soulmate, he's off doing god knows what, and Sam, he's dead, Castiel."

"He's what?" Castiel demanded "what happened?"

"Nobody knows Castiel, people say animal attack, but the doctor couldn't save him."

Castiel shook his head, no, he'd saved Sam, he knew that. Sam had survived, there had been near misses, where he almost died, but he'd survived.

"Yes, Castiel, god what is wrong with you? Next you'll be telling me you don't know who Anna is."

"I don't," Castiel whispered.

"You're telling me you forgot your own daughter? Do you even remember that we're married?"

Castiel looked down at his hand, noticing a good ring, he glanced back up at Balthazar who looked quite pissed, "of course I know," he lied, putting on a fake smile "just joking about."

"You're not funny, Castiel, right I'll get Anna, you just go do something for next few hours."

Castiel nodded "I'm gonna go out, get some fresh air,"

Balthazar nodded, muttering a 'that's a good idea.' Under his breath.

Castiel walked out of the house, confused, he walked down the street, ignoring anybody who said 'hello', he wasn't in the mood for casual socialising. Obviously there was something wrong with him, he had a daughter, he got married, so why couldn't he remember?

It was a normal life, a life he had alway wished for, but there was no Dean, and even if Dean disappeared without explanation, he still loved him, he still wanted a life with Dean, and Sam being dead, that would've killed Dean, however much Dean cared about Castiel, he knew, Sam came before him.

Castiel wandered around for a few hours, it was about 6pm when he headed into the bar, he didn't notice the familiar black car outside, and as he ordered a drink he didn't notice the man across the bar watching him, with dirty blonde hair and piercing green eyes. Just as the green eyed man got up the courage to talk to him, Castiel finished his drink and left the bar, heading home, he was about five minutes away, when he stopped, he leaned against a wall trying to calm himself down, he needed to find out what was going on, without pissing anybody off.

When he got home a red headed girl ran towards him, "daddy," she yelled.

Castiel forced a smile, he hoped looked real, as he bent down to hug her, "hey Anna," he mumbled.

"Castiel," Balthazar called, Castiel sighed, he was so used to Dean calling him 'Cas'. It was strange hearing his full name.

He walked into the kitchen and smiled when he saw his brother, "Gabe," he went to hug him, but Gabriel stepped back, he raised an eyebrow.

"You okay?" He questioned.

"Of course I am, why?"

"You never call me Gabe, and we sure as hell don't hug, Hell, we barely even talk, I'm only here because I like Balthazar." he muttered.

Castiel shrugged, "whatever," he muttered.

"Sorry about him, he's acting like a teenager, so where's your boyfriend?"

"Should be here soon, he's normally on time, but he was working,"

"What does he do?" Balthazar questioned

"No idea." Gabriel smiled.

At that moment there was a knock at the door and Balthazar sent Castiel to answer it, he shot him look, seriously, he treated him like shit. He opened the door and froze, "Crowley? What the hell are you doing here?"

---

Change of plans on the whole, gonna end in three of four chapters, it's gonna be a few more than that.

And to anybody confused and for future references, the chapters about Castiel, he's in the djinn dream world.

Vote, Comment, Follow