Chapter Eleven

*Two years later*

Dean stayed.

Sam stayed.

Other than the occasional 'business' trips they took.

The four of them shared one house, it was easier and cheaper, Gabriel and Castiel never knew that Sam and Dean hunted or where they went every couple of weeks.

The only thing Gabriel ever asked Sam was,

'Who the hell is Bobby?'

Since he always seemed to be on the phone to him.

They had no reason the question them, until Castiel went missing, while Sam and Dean were gone.

*

Gabriel heard a scream in the middle of the night, it took him a minute to realise it was Cas, he scrambled out of bed running down the hallway to Castiel's room, he opened the door to see the room empty and the window left open, and he belongings thrown around the room.

He grabbed Castiel's phone which was thrown on the floor, the screen cracked, a panicked voice coming from it,

"Cas? Castiel?" Dean almost yelled down the phone

"De...Dean?" Gabriel whispered, panic clear in his voice.

"Gabe? Where's Cas?" Dean asked

"I... I don't know," he whispered "I heard him scream and now he's gone."

"Gabriel get out of that house." Dean said, tyres screeching in the background "me and Sam will be back as soon as possible."

"Dean what's going on?"

"Just get the hell out of the house, I don't care where you go, just get out." Dean yelled.

Gabriel winced at the loudness but scurried out of Castiel's room and downstairs, he ran outside not caring he was still in his pyjamas,

"I'm out, now what's going on? Where's Cas?"

"I don't know Gabe, me and Sam will be there in thirty minutes, hopefully sooner if I break a few speed limits."

"Should I call the police?"

"No!" Dean said quickly.

"Dean, what the fuck is going on?"

"Just go to the neighbours house and stay there until we get back."

With that Dean hung up, and faced a panicked Sam.

"Every fucking person I get close to Sam,"

"Calm down Dean, we'll find him."

"I should've told him, I should've put protection around the house."

Dean forced the tears back, he refused to cry.

"Dean, do not blame yourself, we'll find Castiel, safe and alive an we'll kill the son of a bitch that took him."

"He's going to hate me, he doesn't even believe in the supernatural, how the hell am I going to explain this?" Dean hit the steering wheel, growing angry by the second "I'm gonna lose him Sam." He whispered, his voice cracking slightly.

Sam frowned, he'd seen his brother angry/upset before, but never like this, he bit his bottom lip, he didn't know what to say or how to make it better, so he sat silently.

*

Dean parked the impala into their driveway around fifteen minutes later, he didn't care if his number plate was reported for violating speed regulations he just need Cas back.

He jumped out of the car, Sam close behind him, they ran to their neighbours house, knocking loudly on the door, it was opened a moment later by an elderly woman who gave the pair a strange look,

"Uh you're dressed up for the occasion,"

Sam and Dean looked down, groaning at the fact the still had their 'FBI' suits on, "business meeting." he muttered "is Gabriel here?"

"Yes," she nodded "he seems pretty upset, I can't get a word out of him."

She stepped aside allowing Sam and Dean to walk in, they both walked into the living room to see fave with his head in hands, breathing heavily.

Sam kneeled beside him "Gabe, c'mon, time to go home,"

Gabriel's head snapped up, his eyes red and puffy, he nodded letting Sam lead him out.

Once they got back to the house Dean left to go search Castiel's room, returning a few minutes later shaking his head in disappointment.

Sam sighed, Gabriel looked at the pair of them, "I have a few questions here, one, why the hell are you dressed like? Two and most importantly, where the fuck is my brother?"

Dean sighed looking at Sam who shrugged, "it's time he knew, we need him to help get Cas back."

"Gabriel, I'm going to tell you something and at first you're going to think I'm lying, but remember your brother has gone missing, in the dead of night, within seconds,"

Gabriel raised an eyebrow but said nothing.

"Me and Sam, we're not going on business trips when we disappear, we're hunting, monsters, such as demons, ghost, werewolves, and right now I'm scared Cas has been taken by one."

Gabriel stared at him "let's say I believe you, how do we find Cas?"

Dean thought for a moment, and turned to Sam "call Bobby, see if there's any demon omens in the area."

Sam nodded and pulled out his phone, he walked out of the room.

"Now to explain why we're wearing this crap, it's because when we're hunting we have to interview people, so..."

He trailed off pulling the fake FBI badge from his pocket.

"Holy... you know you could get arrested for that?"

Dean laughed "Gabe, I kill demons for a living, I salt and burn bones... I'll explain that later, I could get arrested for a lot worse,"

Sam walked in a moment later "Bobby said there's a hunt in this area, he just didn't tell us because he didn't want us to worry, he put some other hunters on to it... they've all been killed, he assumed it was simple so the hunters he put out hadn't had a lot of experience."

"Shit... what kinda hunt we looking at? Demon, ghost, vampire?"

"Bobby had one guess, it was djinn, and that wouldn't surprise me, but it means if we don't find Cas soon, he's gone Dean."

-

Why are the chapters getting longer?

Anyway I think this fic has three of four chapters left.

Vote Comment Follow