Chapter Seventeen

Dean got out of the car, he didn't stop, just walked straight to the building. Sam and Gabriel quickly catching up to him, he wasn't in the mood to talk at this moment. he checked for his gun in the waistband of his jeans and kicked the door open.

"Sam, I'm gonna go see if I can find Cas, you see if anybody else is I'm the building." Dean muttered

Sam nodded pulling Gabe behind him, Dean began to look around the place, he went inside empty room after empty room. He was about to go find Sam and cross this place off their list, when he found him.

Castiel was covered in cuts and bruises, he was tied up, his head tipped to the side.

Dean ran towards him, he quickly checked for a pulse. He sighed in relief when he found one, it was faint, but it was still there... for now.

He heard footsteps behind him, he looked up as someone stood beside him, "is he okay?" Gabriel whispered.

Dean nodded "he's alive."

"How so we wake him up?"

"I... don't know, I got out if it because I knew I was in a different place."

"Cas will know."

"How can you be so sure?"

"Because it won't be his life, and however much he wanted normal, if you Sam and me aren't there, he won't like it.

***

Castiel sat quietly on the edge of his bed, his face hidden by his hands.

He was alone, he'd been alone for some time now.

He didn't know what to do, the only thing he worried about was getting back to Dean, but he didn't know how.

He subconsciously began pulling at his hair, not realising the tears had began to fall.

He felt as though his world was falling apart, he pulled himself up and headed to the bathroom. He saw his reflection in the mirror but turned away, he was paler than usual, his eyes were bloodshot, he didn't look like Castiel.

He saw no way out, except the one he had always ruled out.

He'd grown up alone, other than Gabriel. He had Lucifer when he was younger, but he was gone too, off to live his life with his soulmate without his parents judging every choice he ever made.

He always thought he'd stay alone forever when he left home. He left his brothers behind. More importantly he'd left his parents behind and with that he'd left his habit behind. but then Dean showed up, sure it wasn't the best start to their relationship, but he had his soulmate.

Then he moved in with him, Sam and Gabriel, they were together. He wasn't alone anymore. Until now.

Now he was alone again and he couldn't do a thing about it.

He was giving up.

His mind fell back to the old habit of his, it was his escape back when he was younger. Sleeping pills.

He'd take more than the prescribed dose and soon he'd be having dreams that made him feel like life got better. Now he craved more than dreams, he wanted his dreams forever.

Castiel dragged his tired body to the bathroom with a sigh he stood in front of the mirror his once blue eyes were now a dull grey, with dark bags under his eyes. He felt exhausted, like his life was draining away.

He opened the medicine cupboard in front of him, he moved a few bottles around and grabbed the sleeping pills at the back.

He'd see Dean again, that's all he wanted, not this life he had here. Even if he had a family, it wasn't the family he belonged to.

Castiel unscrewed the cap on the bottle and tipped some pills into his hand, he looked at the small pile  of about a dozen pills, trying to build the courage to actually go through with his plan.

The only encouragement he had, was family.

***

Dean sat on the hard floor with Castiel's head in his lap, he didn't bother trying to hold back the tears anymore. He had found Castiel, but the only problem was he couldn't bring him back.

He mumbled stuff to Castiel, ignoring the fact Gabriel was sat directly opposite him. Sam was still off searching the place.

"Hey Cas, I need you to come back to me, okay?" Dean mumbled playing with his hair. "I'm hoping you can hear me right now, maybe it will pull you back to reality, I don't know, I'll try anything right now."

Dean opened his hand which had the ring he'd kept for when he finally had alone time with Castiel, a tear fell down his cheek as he placed it on Castiel's finger.

"Please Cas, I need you. I can't keep going without you." He whispered, his voice barely audible.

***

Castiel lay on is bed staring at the ceiling, it had been about twenty minutes since he'd swallowed swallowed the pills, he could feel himself sinking into a darkness he wouldn't return from and he wasn't bothered, he'd have Dean, Sam and Gabriel.

"I'll see you soon Dean." He whispered as his eyes slowly closed.

-

Sorry if there's any mistakes, I've just finished this and I haven't got time to spell check

Vote, Comment, Follow.