Chapter Fifteen

Sam had noticed the slight change in Dean.

He barely ever slept normally, now he didn't sleep at all.

It had been three days since Castiel's disappearance and time was running out.

Slowly, bit by bit, Dean's life was falling apart.

Sam noticed the small things.

Dean's hand barely ever left his pocket, like he was making sure something was there.

Then Sam the worst thing of them all.

Dean assumed Gabriel was asleep in the back seat, and Sam was asleep in the passenger seat.

He was wrong, Sam wasn't sleeping, and Sam for the first time in years, heard him cry.

Dean barely ever cried, and hearing him cry over a broken heart hurt Sam, but not as much as what Dean was muttering.

"Castiel, I need you," he whispered, his voice barely audible to Sam. "I never pray, but I'm praying for you Cas,"

Sam heard him sniff, he knew Dean was crying, but he didn't look up, he didn't want Dean to know he heard him break down.

"I need you alive Cas, you're a part of my family. I never told you Cas, but I love you, so don't leave me now," he whispered.

What made Sam glance over when Dean pulled his hand out of his pocket, in the palm of his hand was a silver ring, it was hard to see, but Sam assumed there'd be some kind of ward on it, to keep Castiel protected.

"You're everything to me, Castiel, and I will get you back, whatever it takes."

Dean turned the ring over in his hands, the tears falling, he leaned his head against the steering wheel, he tried to keep his sobs quiet, but Sam couldn't take it anymore. He sat up and leaned forward, he placed a hand on Dean's back, he felt him tense but relax a moment later.

"Dean, we'll find him, I promise you." Sam whispered.

Dean raised his head, "I need him to know Sammy, I never told him, I never got the chance," he held the ring out towards Sam, "I was going to when we got back the other day, and then he was gone."

Sam looked at Dean before picking up the ring, he was right about the protection idea, it had a simple pentagram on it, but it was enough, on the inside it was engraved, Sam bit his lip and looked at Dean.

"It's cheesy, I know," Dean smiled slightly, "and I hate chick flick moments, but god, I love him Sam."

Sam nodded and handed him back the ring, still smiling about the engraving.

"Try and sleep Dean." Sam muttered.

And Dean did try, but nothing worked, every time he closed his eyes, he was faced with worst case scenarios.

And when he finally did sleep he woke up less than an hour later to Gabriel shaking him.

"What's wrong?" He asked sleepily.

"You were yelling Dean, and thrashing around." Gabriel muttered, looking at him with worry filled eyes.

Dean sighed running a hand through his hair, "it's Castiel, I'm worried Gabe, it's my fault I should've told him, and even if we do save him, he's gonna hate me."

"No he won't, so what, you didn't you didn't tell him monsters existed. He wouldn't gave believed you anyway, and Sam never told me, I could've easily been taken along with Castiel, and I don't hate Sam, so trust me, Cas will not hate you."

Dean nodded "I guess you've got a point there, now, let's move out asses and find Cas."

---

Sorry that this one is short.

Vote, Comment, Follow