𝟒𝟎 - 𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐋𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐆𝐨

Start from the beginning

"Ok, you see that waterfall over there?" he swam up close to me and pointed to the opposite end of the lagoon to the largest waterfall about fifty metres ahead of us.

"Yep" I nodded.

"First one to reach it and swim through to the other side wins"

"Anakin I'm not playing childish games with you"

"Scared you're going to lose?" he responded with a sly grin,

"OH, well if its going to be like that" I snapped back playfully

"ok, 3...2...1...GO!"

I started at full-speed front crawl in my best attempt to get ahead of Anakin. I had overcome many of my old ways when I joined the Jedi order but I admit there was something I knew I could never let go and that was my competitiveness, I had to win.

After a few more seconds of restless thrashing in the water I heard the waterfall nearing. I stopped and positioned myself, ready to dive underneath the jet of the fall and swim to the other side of it. I looked around for a second and saw no sign of Anakin, ha he must have gotten really far behind.

And so, I took a breath and plummeted down beneath the white jets of the waterfall, after I was sure I had made it far enough past, I started my ascent back up to the surface. I eventually broke through and as I gasped for air, I observed my new surroundings. At the other side of this waterfall was a small cave-like haven, it was illuminated a glowing, crystal blue as the sunlight refracted through the waterfall.

My observation of the beautiful secret cave was halted though as I realised Anakin still hadn't turned up.

"Anakin?!" my call echoed out through the cave but no response came "look, I know you're embarrassed that I beat you and all but there's no need to hide-" I chuckled, then I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder.

I spun around to see Anakin, his face looked serious and sincere. "Oh, there you ar-" he began to lower down onto one knee "Anakin? what are you doing" my voice filled with panic as I began to clock exactly what he was doing.

"(y/n)" he started, I nodded as he spoke. OK, OK it was happening, it was really happening. I knew he had been nervous about something earlier, this must have been it. "When I first joined the order as just a little kid, I always imagined myself growing up to be the perfect Jedi, with nothing to ever get in the way or distract me from my duties. I certainly never expected to ever start developing feelings for anyone as a Jedi, and certainly not a Sith" he laughed and shook his head "but then came you"

He took a breath and continued as he looked up at me "from the moment I laid eyes on you, in that training room, all that time ago, I knew, I just knew there was something different about you. Ever since then I couldn't keep my mind off you, not a moment has gone by when I haven't thought of you. You are the most beautiful, caring, funny, amazing person I have ever met. And, (y/n) I want to marry you, and have kids with you and grow old with you. I want you, all of you because I am so, madly in love with you"

I have no idea when or how he had gotten it but out from behind him he pulled out a ring. "One night, when I was a boy back on Tatooine, before I even knew what the future would bring, I carved this ring out of a Jaipur snippet. I sat with my mother and said to her one day, I will give this to her, the girl I'm going to marry, you'll love her mum I promise, whoever she is, you will love her. And although you will never be able to meet my mother, I want you to know, she really, really would have adored you"

I thought about all the pain Anakin had been through, all the pain we had been through. Throughout it all though, we made it back to each other, and that was how I knew in that moment exactly what my answer to the next question was going to be.

"So...(y/n), will you...do me the honour of becoming my wife?"

The water droplets that continued to drip off me masked the tears of joy that had begun to stream down my face. Without hesitation, I jumped into his arms and repeated over and over "of course, yes, yes, I'll marry you"

I refused to let go of him until he eventually muttered "(y/n), you're going to have to stop hugging me for a second so I can actually put the ring on" he laughed as his hands started to retreat from our embrace.

"Oh yeah sorry, I just don't want you to let me go"

He slipped the ring onto my ring finger then held my face in his hands "don't you see? I'm never letting you go, ever"

He wrapped one hand round my waist and kept the other on the side of my face as he pulled me into his kiss and let me fall back slightly so that he could lean over me, in a kiss that solidified everything we had been through these past years. The ups, the downs, the trauma, the healing, the sobs, the smiles.

I loved Anakin Skywalker with everything I had, every bone in my body, all the blood that rushed through my veins, all the air that filled my lungs was in complete, utter devotion to Anakin Skywalker.

My fiancé.

a/n

yay! it happened and all I can say is "awwwwwwwww"