Chapter 24: Nickolos, Prince of Hybrids

Start from the beginning

Bella stood in the center of her son's room, stopped by his bathroom door, and waited for him to emerge so if she could help him. She smiled to herself as she picked up on the little motivational speech, he was giving to himself in the mirror before he came out. It was getting time to go, and she was ready to escort him to the Great Hall throne room.

''Nickolos, come out of there and let me take a look at you. ''Bella called.

Nickolos flitted in front of his mother looking flustered. Bella reached for his tie and straightened it again. He seemed to have loosened it a while he was stressing.

''Oh mom, I fixed it 100 times already, I'm so nervous. ''Nickolos admitted, sighing with anxiety, looking up as she fixed it.

I know Nikki, there now, let's have a look at you. '' After fixing it, Bella turned Nikki to look into the mirror with her.

''Well, don't you look fine, my boy! ''Bella smiled at his grin as she complemented him.

Nickolos, now all grown up looks so much like Aro. He still had his curly hair and wore it short and neat. Nickolos had put gel in it to make his curly locks more manageable and he looked very handsome. His eyes were brilliant, leafy green, shining with determination for what he was about to do, despite his nerves.

He stood by his mother's side as he smoothed down his suit jacket an Italian Armani suit. The black color suit made him look so mature that he had a grin on his slightly tan face. He was pleased with how he looked. His complexion was given by Aro as well as the same build and height. He developed great intelligence and wit bestowed by both parents. He retained Bella's cheeks, nose and lips that made him very endearing in his father's eyes. They were both proud of him and we're pleased to find out that he no longer aged after seven years.

Aro came across a few hybrids since his son's birth and even took some in. They were without a coven and he learned a lot about them. They explained that after 7 years they did not age. Equally interesting, the males only had the venom to change humans into vampires. Some had gifts, others did not. The fact that Nickolos was not to age any longer came at great comfort to his parents, staying at a lovely age of 21.

Slowly the door open and Aro walked to his family's side. Nickolos turned to him as Aro embrace him, warmly.

''I'm so proud of you and to witness this day gives your mother and I great joy.'' Aro praised him fondly.

''Thank you, dad. I will try to do my best with the confidence that is given to me. ''Nickolos said as he patted his father on the back as they pulled back smiling.

''I'm sure you will. They have all arrived and are waiting for us, so let's not let them wait any longer, shall we? '' Aro waved over towards the door to motion their exit.

Nikki and Bella were arm in arm as they followed Aro out the door to the throne room. As they approached their destination Nikki could hear murmurs and soft cries of the children as they opened the door. All turned towards with them and erupted in applause as they took their place on the platform. Bella and Aro sat on their thrones with Caius and Athena. Nickolos stood behind a pulpit and raised his hand to silence the welcoming crowd. Nickolos looked out in the audience and scanned the crowd for familiar faces.

He smiled as he gazed upon Demetri and his wife Angelina. In Angie's arms, she held Demetri junior as he whispered softly to his mama, playing with her hair. Demetri had created a hybrid with his chosen human mate and stood proudly at their side. Next, he observed Felix and his mate with their little girl. Felix found his mate Jenny one day as he saved her from one of the bruits he captured for the feast. They instantly fell in love and they created their little daughter Jeanette. Next, his eyes fell on Marcus. He and Gianna created Twins and they were both softly crying in their arms. They were just born days ago and were the joy of their lives. Little Mark and Isabella were just so cute in their blue and pink dress clothes with matching booties. Marcus named his girl after Bella because she saved him from endless depression, so to speak and he loved her as a daughter. Mark was named after him; Gianna suggested the spelling and he loved it. Four grown hybrids were also present they were Nahul, standing with his vampire aunt Huien. Serena, Maysun and Jennifer stood near them. They stood alone because the Volturi dealt with their father swiftly and put him to death for abandoning their mothers and the children of the so-called experiment. The rest of the hybrids were from other covens around the world that have successfully made their children. Seven more babies and couples stood before them cuddling their dear ones closed, looking up at him with smiling faces.