Chapter 22: Time for change and farewell

Comenzar desde el principio

Bella moves slowly with Aro as he holds her by the waist to reassure them all that she was in control. Athena moved around the couch coming closer but getting nervous, so Caius got up and moved to his wife side. As he put his arm around Athena's waist, he motioned Bella forward.

Athena moaned and worry as Bella approached her and looked to her husband.

Caius patted her arm gently speaking to her. ''It's alright Athena. See, Bella has absolute control."

Athena hesitated too long and suddenly Nickolos disappeared out of his aunt's arms and reappeared in his mother's waiting arms as she held out her hands to receive her baby. Gasping was heard around the room as he cooed happily in her arms and clasped his cute little chubby hands.

''Whoa, my boy! ''Bella gasped trying to get a good grip on him. Aro reached out and touched his son's rosy cheeks. ''He seems to grow impatient with you, Dora, so he decided teleport in his mother's arms. '' Aro explained excitedly.

''What an interesting gift!'' Bella exclaimed as she pulled him closer and kissed him on his pink cheeks.

She laughed as he giggled and played with her hair. ''He's perfect, look how he has grown! '' She looked at Carlisle who was holding Esme, smiling proudly at her.

''He grows amazingly fast like he did in the wound. ''Carlisle answered.

Nickolos wrapped his chubby little fingers around her one and her heart burst with joy as she felt love radiate from his little heart to hers.

''He is so happy you're OK. He loves you very much, my love.'' Aro said relaying the precious thoughts and feelings to her. ''Me too my little man and I love you.'' Bella said in contentment as she nuzzled into her baby, taking in his sweet baby smell that she remembered as she lay while she was changing, it gave her so much comfort.

Nickolos snuggled in into her arms as he let out a big yawn.

''Oh, I think it's time for bed. My little baby.''

Nicholas cooed softly in response.

''Oh, this is perfect time for unveiling the baby's room. Caius, what do you think?'' Athena called out excitedly.

''Come on you two, you can put him in this crib to rest. '' He said, leading the way out.

Caius and Athena lead the way to the Royal wing, arm in arm. They stopped at the door with a warning sign posted on the outer side. Caius moved forward and ripped the sign off. He opened the door with a dramatic flair, waving around.

''Welcome to baby land! ''Caius announced proudly stepping aside to let everybody in as he held his happy wife.

Everyone gasped at the beauty of the Royal baby suite.

The walls were painted ivory with Royal baby flags painted along the top of the wall as a border. The ceiling was domed with quadrilateral shapes aligning in a row. They were painted baby blue; the shapes went all the way around to a circular blue center at the top of the dome.

In the center, a large chandelier lit up the room just over the mahogany four poster baby crib with a canopy. The baby crib was situated in front of the triple Bay windows with window seats. the cushion of the window seats was ivory. The window seats had baby blue pillows with lace trim that were lined against the wall. Along the left wall was a wall unit painted ivory as well. It contained pictures of arrow and Bella together and a frame with Nickolos just minutes old in his crib.

Many children's books lined the shelves and baby knickknacks of puppies, bears, strollers, and blocks with ABC's on them. Music box played lullabies. A baby monitor on the center shelf, aimed right at the crib for his parents. Stuffed animals sitting along in a row on the shelf. In the corner was an old-fashioned rocking horse with a Blue Bow around its neck, ready for play. Ivory and blue curtains on the windows.