𓆙𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦𓆙

"Samael Malchere and Sr. Saloux."

I hear the muffled voices of my grandmother and the Malfoy adult say. I press my ear closer to the wall as I try my best to understand the context.

I begin to panic as footsteps come close towards me. In a scramble, I tip toe up the stairs.

"Malchere and my husband are staying with me."

I hear my grandmother say as she walks towards the exit.

"Celeste will be included in the ceremony."

I hear my grandmother add before exiting the manor.

What ceremony?

I question in my head.

I stare blankly at the wall as I try to understand what my grandmother is saying. I had no idea what she was implying, my grandfather is dead. I furrow my brows as I run to my grandmother, ready to bombard her with questions.

"Celeste!"

I hear Narcissa call out as I run out of the manor.

"What ceremony?"

I ask as I stop my feet.

"My dear..."

My grandmother says, her eyes full of sorrow.

I walk towards her as my face shows worry.

"I never wanted to tell you this, my dear."

My grandmother says as she takes my hands.

"You're scaring me."

I loudly whisper as I study her apologetic stare.

"You're father and grandfather never died."

She says.

I nod, showing her that I understood her words.

"They both were sent to Azkaban the year that you were born."

She explains, her gaze never leaving me.

I look down as I process everything that she said.

"Is my mother alive then?"

I ask, to which my grandmother shakes her head to.

"How did she die?"

I ask, feeling like something is off.

"Your father killed her."

She says, her eyes observing my reaction.

"How did he do it?"

I ask as tears that symbols angst and sorrow dripped from my eyes.

I try to pull my hands from hers, not wanting to hear anymore as her pause worsens the tension. I stumble in place as my grandmother keeps me still by my hands.

"Listen to me Celeste, you have no choice."

My grandma says as she holds my hands tightly.

"You have to become one of them."

She says.

I shake my head as tears well into my eyes, I step back but our hands are still together.

"I don't want to."

I reply.

"I didn't want to either but I had to, you could get killed."

She explains, her eyes pleading with mine.

"Is that why you never told me my fathers last name?"

I ask, changing the subject.

My grandma nods with a apologetic smile. She gently releases my hands from hers before wiping away my tears with care.

"Listen my dear, and listen carefully."

She softly whispers as I stare back at her with shock.

"You will get out of this sooner or later, I can just feel it."

She says, her fragile hands cupping my damp face.

"But for now, you must perceive as one of them."

She explains, to which I nod.

I swallow the tense knot in my throat as I take my grandma's left arm. My breathing slows down as I raise her long sleeve, revealing the grim mark. Within seconds of seeing it, I cover it up.

"Anything for you, grandma."

I whisper before placing a soft kiss onto her cheek.

My grandma softly smiles at me before walking away.

The second I am out of her view, I slowly walk back to the Manor in a drained manner. My mind runs fast as I open the large doors.

"How are you doing, Celeste?"

Narcissa asks in a very concerned tone.

"I'm okay."

I reply as I walk upstairs.

I wipe away the tears with my hands as I slowly walk towards Draco. I sniffle as I blink away the blurriness. I stare at the floor as I remain befuddled, not knowing how to deal with the new information.

"Draco?"

I call out in a weak voice as I stand in front of his door.

The door swings open but I do not react, I'm simply too worn out.

"What happened?"

He asks as he crouches down, his head looking up to mine. His eyes move back and forth as he takes in my appearance: red nose, tear stained cheeks, and fragile eyes. I squeeze his hands as I stare into his face with a wistful gleam. His face slowly drops into a weary frown as he looks into my eyes. He doesn't say a word as he wraps his arms around my upper thighs. I wrap my arms around his neck as I place my face into the crook of his neck. I enjoy the warmth and the smell of a person who I grew to be a fond of. He picks me up, causing me to wrap my legs around his waist.

I sniffle my nose as he wraps his hand around the back of head with care.

He walks as my tears slowly make an appearance. He gingerly sits on his bed with my body still around him. I remain on his lap as he slowly stroke the back of my head dotingly. Tears slowly appeared as I relax against his body. My arms around him tightens as I cry into his shoulders quietly.

We did not say a word but we understood each other completely. Draco continues to softly caress me as I weep into his body.

"I'm really scared, Draco."

I sob out against the top of his shoulder.

"Nothing is going to hurt you."

He whispers to me through my hair that is shielding my face.

"I won't let them."

He mutters, more to himself before kissing the top of my head.

I separate my face from his shoulder as I stare into his icy eyes. A single tear rolls down, causing Draco to wipe it away with his thumb.

"I hate it when you cry."

Draco mutters.

I stare at him through blurry eyes, not knowing what to say. I give him a miserable smile in an effort to make him feel better, which only caused him to look at me with even more displease. I then close my eyes as he pecks my lips a couple of times. His hand snakes around the back of my head as his other one wraps around my waist.

A small smile appears as he pampers feathery kisses over my porcelain skin. I feel his lips too, form into a smile as he kisses the slightly pink skin on my face.

"Works every time."

He whispers as he lays his forehead against mine.

"Like a charm."

I whisper back, my soft smile never disappearing.