(9)

Jace's POV

Shane and I walked out of the movie theater together. He tried to hold my hand, but of course I wouldn't let him. Yes, I wanted to gain his trust, but we weren't going that far. I noticed his face sadden but I just looked away. It was just... everything that was going on between us these past days was really surprising me. I couldn't say I hated the guy; I didn't.

I slipped my arms through the sleeves of Shane's leather jacket as we mounted his shiny black motorcycle.

He revved it up and drove away from the theater.

"It was fun..." I told him, trying to cheer him up.

"Yeah?" He replied.

I sighed. "Yeah.." I held onto him tighter when we hit a bump on the road. I didn't care much about the bump; I only needed an excuse to hold him. And he smelled really good. I wished we could go out some other time, but I knew I'd talk myself out of it.

I rested my head on his back and I heard him chuckle. Suddenly I was really put out and sad. Just thinking about my parents, what would they say? Or do? I mean, my sister wouldn't care, she had tons of gay friends. But my friends? They were so closed minded, and I let that rub off on me every single day.

Before I knew it, I was drifting off to sleep and we arrived at Shane's house.

"Jace?" I heard Shane's deep voice call out to me.

"I'm up, I'm up!" I grumbled, climbing off his motorcycle. Honestly, I had to get myself one of these.

We walked up the steps to his house and he used his keys to open the door.

The lovely smell of food hit my nostrils. "Mom, we're back," Shane said.

"Kitchen!" Ms. Cooper called out. Shane turned to me, telling me to have a seat and to make myself comfortable. He went to the kitchen and I decided to look at the pictures they had. Some of them were what Shane had drawn. He was really good, they were so realistic.

Then my mind drifted. I don't know why I waited till now to think about it, but...

That kiss.

More like that make out session in the theaters. I wasn't going to use an excuse for that one. I liked it, period. And if I could kiss him again, I most certainly would. Because he was never rough, and I enjoyed that. His kisses were eager but never forced. They were fervent but still tender. All the girls I'd ever made out with were complete bullshit, including my ex, Netty. There were all just hungry, wanting to get laid.

With that in mind, how did I get here?

Days ago, I was yelling at Shane for how wrong an attraction between two males was. Now, here I was... attracted to a male and his devoted kisses--my treacherous heart wanting to be kissed again.

My thoughts were interrupted by the doorbell as Shane walked out the kitchen to answer it.

He opened the door and I looked to see who was there. Ryan.

"Hi, Shane."

"Mr. Kables... "

Ryan smiled. "Your mother invited me. Plus, you haven't met Jasper; he wants to see you."

Then an average-sized golden retriever came into view, barking happily while wagging his tail and prancing around.

Shane's eyes lit up, but he tried not to show how happy he was. Well, I guess he loved dogs too.

"Come on in." He said, letting Ryan and Jasper inside. Ryan greeted me before Ms. Cooper called him into the kitchen. Jasper decided to play around with me and Shane.