8

Henry

"Henry," Cordelia giggled, beating on my backside with her fists.

"I'm not putting you down," I shrugged, grinning.

"Put me down, right now."

"Absolutely not," I said.

"Henry!" She yelled, attempting to lift her body, but failing. She hit my body with a thud, letting out a loud sigh.

"Hey, Dad," I said, earning his eyes as he walked by, "do you think I should put her down?"

"Has she asked you to?" He deadpanned, looking at me from over the rim of his glasses.

"Yes," Cordelia said.

"Then put her down," he said, making me sigh and drop her on the couch.

She blew her hair away from her mouth with a loud puff, smiling up at me. I fell on the spot next to her, looking over at Dad.

"He's not the same," I said, shaking my head.

She wrapped her arms around my neck, resting her chin on my shoulder. "Why do you say that?"

"He's bitter," I said, "kinda like my grandfather. Or the videos I've seen of him when he was young."

She pressed a kiss to my shoulder. "Maybe it's just a bad day."

"Yeah, maybe," I said, watching as she stood up.

She held out her hand, looking down at me. "Let's go to your room."

I bolted up from my spot, running towards the staircase. "Okay."

She laughed, wrapping her arms around my neck from behind. "Piggy back."

I boosted her up on my back, walking up the lengthy staircase. I kicked my door open, dropping her on my bed.

"Have you studied for our calc test yet?" She asked, looking up at me.

"Uh, somewhat," I said, looking back at her as I changed into a sweatshirt.

"It's not going to be something you can just ace, Henny," she said, tilting her head over.

"Hey," I said, "I'm Henry King. I can ace whatever test life throws at me-"

She laughed, shaking her head. "I don't think this one falls into that category."

I fell down on the bed next to her, folding my arms behind my head. "I'll study. At some point."

She rested her head in her hand, her eyes locked on me. I smiled over at her, but gave her a double take when she didn't look away.

I propped myself up on my elbow, grinning. "Have I caught your eye?"

She bit down on her lip and fell back on her pillow, pulling me on top of her. I brushed her hair away from her face and pressed my lips against hers, smiling against her lips.

She gently trailed her fingertips down my side and to my backside, pulling me closer to her. I chuckled and bit down on my bottom lip, pulling away from her.

She smiled up at me, lifting my sweatshirt. I chuckled and sat upright, pulling it over my head. I threw it to the side and she raked her hands through my hair, chewing on her lip.

"Don't do that," I whispered, shaking my head.

She trailed her hands down my sides, innocently looking up at me. "Do what?"

I clenched my jaw, reaching for her thigh but she pushed me off.

"I'm not trying to have sex, Henry," she said, sitting upright.