7

Fred

I chuckled, reaching for my glass of water. "They're handfuls, all of 'em."

"Absolutely," Amir Kattan chuckled, shaking his head, "you know, I never had kids of my own, but I just know."

"They were the best thing that ever happened to me," I said, smiling as I took a drink of water.

I turned around in my chair when I heard a knock on my door, knitting my eyebrows together at Josie standing behind the glass.

I stood up, opening my door. "Hi, sweetheart."

"Hey," she greeted, stepping inside with a smile.

I lifted my eyebrows and watched as she walked over to my desk, placing a bag on it. "There you go."

I smiled a confused smile. "Thank you?"

"This must be one of them," Amir said, smiling at her.

"Yes," I said, "this is-"

"Josephine," she greeted, holding out a hand, "and you are?"

"Amir Kattan," he greeted, shaking her hand.

"Right," she said, smiling a charming smile, "I've actually researched your family's corporation."

He tilted his head over, smiling.

"I couldn't use my dad for school, so I chose you," she said, giggling as she looked up at me.

"Well, I'm flattered," he said.

She bit down on her lip and twirled her hair around her finger. I cleared my throat and pressed a kiss to her temple. "Thank you for lunch."

She snapped out of whatever scenario she'd put herself into, looking up at me. "You're welcome."

"Give us a second, Amir," I said, making him nod.

"It was nice meeting you, sir," Josie said, shooting him a smile over her shoulder.

I grabbed her shoulder and led her out of my office, folding my arms over my chest.

"Nice guy," she said, smiling up at me.

"Mm hmm," I muttered.

She sat on my assistant's desk, looking down at the mess. "What do you make her do?"

"Her job," I said.

"I miss Cecilia."

I smiled. "Yeah. You need to get back to school."

She folded her arms over her chest. "I have a really good excuse-"

"No-"

"Listen," she said, "I could say I was spending the day interning at my dad's place."

"Very funny," I said, "no."

"So you don't want me here?"

"Of course I want you here," I said, "but you have school."

"Amir might argue with you," she said, grinning as she swung her legs off of the desk.

"Go to school," I adamantly said, making her lift an eyebrow.

"Now."

She rolled her eyes and stood up. "Okay. Love you, enjoy your lunch."