4

Lena

I let out a sigh as I raked my hands through Josiah's hair, biting down on my lip with a smile.

It'd been a minute since I'd been woken up so pleasantly.

"Jo," I sighed, leaning my head back as he pulled me closer to him.

"Mommy!"

I gasped, covering my mouth with my hand when I heard Hero's voice.

"Fuck," Jo muttered, against the inside of my thigh.

"H-hi, baby," I greeted, my eyes meeting Hero's small frame.

"Where's Daddy?" He asked, twiddling his thumbs in front of his midsection.

My eyes wide, I dragged my hands down my face. "Uh, he's i-in the bathroom."

I knew the outline of his body under the covers had to be absolutely obvious, considering how thin our comforter was. My biggest fear was that Hero would catch on to that, and then move on to ask so many questions that I did not have the answer to.

"Okay," he said, smiling as he walked into the bathroom.

"Hero!" I yelled, propping myself up on my elbows.

I kneed Jo, making him roll out of bed. He knelt down by the bed, peeking over the mattress.

"Mommy, he's not here," Hero said, "oh, no! Did he fall out of the window?"

"I highly doubt it, sweetheart," I answered, rubbing my hand down my face.

"Gotcha!" Jo yelled, jolting up from his position.

Hero screamed, covering his chest with his hand.
"You scared me!"

Jo chuckled, resting his hands on his hips. "Hey, buddy."

"What's that?"

My eyes went round, again, at the sight of Hero pointing at Jo's rather obvious erection.

"Talk for another time, that's what," Jo said, rubbing his hair as he walked past him.

"Hey," Jo said, peeking out of the closet, "wanna come to work with Daddy?"

"Yes, please," Hero and I both answered, making me giggle.

He grinned at me and Hero clapped his hands. "I love coming to work with you."

"Yeah, I know you do," he said, "I'll ask Fred to bring Henry so you guys can keep each other busy."

"What about Jo?" Hero asked, gripping his hips.

"I was thinking maybe Mom and Fran could hang out with Aunt Lex and Jo today," Jo said.

"Okay," he said, "hey, can Henry and I bring our soccer balls?"

"I'm not sure that soccer balls in the glass building is a good idea," I said, nodding over at Jo.

"Bad ideas make the best stories," Hero said, looking back at me.

I lifted an eyebrow. "And who told you that?"

"Daddy."

Jo buttoned up his shirt, a smirk tugging at his lips. "Go get your clothes on, we'll stop by your favorite for breakfast."

Hero pressed a kiss to my cheek before running out of our bedroom, making me fall on my back. I stretched and sat back up, climbing out of bed.

I wrapped my arms around Jo, rubbing his abdomen. "Have a good day."