37

Josie

Eros and I hadn't spoken at all this past weekend-  complete radio silence. No texts, no calls, no desperation hookups.

Nothing.

But he'd had time to work out with Henry, and to also post on social media about it. Who does that?

I let out a loud sigh, leaning my head back against my seat.

"What's wrong?" Henry asked, turning off his car.

"Eros," I said, "I'm still mad."

"I think he's probably staying back to avoid hurting your feelings."

"Yeah, well, he's hurting my feelings more by not reaching out."

"Well, sorry, but I'm not entirely sure it's his responsibility to reach out and try to fix things."

I glared over at Henry, knowing he was right. It wasn't his responsibility, but it still would've been nice.

"How do I know he wasn't hooking up with other girls this weekend?" I asked, trying to erase even the thought from my mind, but failing.

"He doesn't see other girls, Jo. Even when he's mad. No one else exists. You're safe. At the gym the other night-"

He cut himself off as I looked over at him, making him clear his throat and look away from me.

"I'm just saying. He saw none of the half naked girls."

"Well, that's so comforting," I deadpanned, opening my door. I stepped out of Henry's car and folded my arms over my chest, blowing a strand of hair away from my lips.

"Don't stress yourself out about it," he said, squinting as he locked his car.

We walked towards the school entrance, and I noticed that Henry had been paying less and less attention to the female attention he was receiving.

"Henry, every girl knows you're single now, and they're all over you."

He looked over at me, chuckling. "And?"

"You're not entertaining it," I said, looking up at him as soon as we got inside the building.

He shrugged. "I don't know, I was locked down for a year. Kinda feeling free currently."

I sighed. "I wish I felt more locked down currently."

He patted my shoulder, looking down at me. "Things will work out. I've gotta run."

"Yeah," I muttered, knowing that Eros's first class of the day was art. The art classroom was only a few doors away from me, and I knew he'd either be in there or in the gym.

I curiously peeked inside the classroom, my heart sinking to my stomach when I saw him and another girl laughing.

And they're awfully close.

I cleared my throat, standing in the doorway with my arms folded over my chest. He looked over at me and his smile slowly faded, making him stand up from the table he was sitting on.

"Hey, I'll give you guys some privacy," the girl sweetly said, shooting me a small wave.

"You really don't have to-"

"Yeah, thanks," I said, my tone clipped as I watched her walk out.

Eros stood in front of me, his head hung. "We were working on something."

"You didn't say a word to me, all weekend," I said, taking a step towards him.

"The phone works both ways," he said, his eyes meeting mine.