56

Henry

Things were in the air with Zach- I wasn't entirely sure where we stood, or if we did at all, for that fact.

The last time we'd really seen each other was simple- we gave each other head. That was it.

And ever since then, well, radio silence.

I stared at him from across the field, my jaw taut. I was mad at him, I was confused at him, I was feeling a lot of things towards him.

But I still wanted him.

"That your lover boy over there?" Jesse asked, smirking as he tossed the football to Eros.

"Shut the fuck up," I said, keeping my eyes locked on Zach.

"Bro, it was a simple question. You know, I'm all for it. You being into dudes. It's just new."

"Jesse, shut up," Eros muttered, forcefully throwing the football at him.

"Hey, how's our girl?" Jesse teased. Jesse'd had a crush on Josie for as long as everyone could remember, but Josie hadn't ever given anyone but Eros a chance.

"Still mine, only mine, always gonna be only mine. You know how it is."

I tuned out the conversation, keeping my eyes locked on Zach as I braced my palms on my knees.

Should I go talk to him? Probably not. You'll be a stuttering mess. Like you usually are.

I put my pride aside and walked to the other side of the field. Zach really had no reason to be here beyond waiting on me to finish up.

"Hey!" I yelled, nodding towards him.

He looked over at me, smiling. "Hey."

"Where the hell have you been?" I asked, shrugging.

He leaned his head back against the railing of the bleachers, trailing his eyes down me.

"I mean, we give each other head, we talk about it once, and then we don't even talk at all after that. The fuck is that, Zach?"

He knitted his eyebrows together, a grin tugging at his lips.

"Alright, fuck this-"

"Henry, wait," he firmly said.

"I'm tired of this shit," I said, "being the only fucking one that's man enough to say shit."

"Man enough? You can barely get a fucking sentence out, Henry," he deadpanned.

"Oh, and you're such a man?" I asked, shrugging, "hey, newsflash, taking a dick down your throat doesn't just give you this honorary title of a man."

He folded his arms over his chest, smiling.

"What is funny?" I asked.

"You get all red when you get angry," he said, nodding, "I like that."

"What do you want from me, Zach?"

"I do have a bigger goal, that's far beyond what I'm about to imply, but in this particular moment, I just want one thing."

"That's how it seems all the time," I snapped.

"You don't give me the chance to move towards anything else," he said.

"Don't pin this shit on me," I said, watching as he stood up and walked down the few rows of bleachers separating us.

"Maybe you need to be inside someone," he said, "that might improve your shitty mood."