C H A P T E R 32

A/N: I do recommend listening to the song as y'all read! And well, let's get it :)

——————————————————————

Dinner at Jaehyun's is never just a simple dinner. Tonight, they were having pumpkin and squash soup, caesar salad and chicken risotto. With serval silver taper candles being set and lit at the centre of the long rosewood dining table that had been clothed with a sheet of sublime table cloth of white and gold, the two had sat the end of the counter.

'John and I are having a study session at Corner Cafe tomorrow, do you want to join?' asked Jae as he took a spoonful of warm soup. The weather was beginning to get cold and particularly during night times when the sun had set, his house gets rather chilly as it was on a hill after all. The window had been left open by Mrs G earlier on for the room tends to heat up during cooking. We can tell that the night was pretty windy for the floral laced sheer curtains were being blown at all different directions.

'I do not know if that is a good idea Jae, my boyfriend wants me to be with him after school' he replied after a long pause.

'He can come along if he does not mind' said Jae. Personally, he did not have a problem with Ten. It was well understood that Taeyong and Ten were loyal to each other, and he was just happy for his best friend. But at times, he did question whether Ten hates him or not.

'So have you decided what course you want to do in university?' he asked again.

'I am thinking of studying design or language, I don't know for sure yet.' Taeyong replied. 'Isn't that your parents want you to do your undergraduate degree overseas?' He asked.

Since Jaehyun was the only child, his parents, of course, did not mind spending more money on him. A summer ago, they went to America for a college tour, and since then they had been hiring private tutors to help with Jae's studying for the university exams. Not that he needed it, but for extra reassurance. Since the two had been friends for ages and were practically inseparable, it would very much be a challenge to Taeyong as much as it would be for Jae.

'Yeah, we are looking at USC at the moment, they have a really good program for chiropractic, but I would be happy if I get into Yale or any other fancy school' said Jae.

To Jae, the part about whether or not he would be admitted was not of a concern, he knew he could get into pretty much any school if he put his mind at it. He had a perfect GPA, and he had been part of the student council and the basketball team for the past few years, so extracurricular would not be a concern as well. It was about making the right decision that worried him the most. He knew he would prefer staying in Seoul and being with his family and friends over going overseas. But at the same time, he knew the latter would open up more opportunities for the future. 'I do not want to think about that' said Jae in a flat voice before continuing his meal.

The silence set in for a bit until Taeyong started talking again. 'It's alright, we don't have to talk about that, have you tried the new dessert place in town yet? They have these amazing fluffy souffle pancake! I went with Ten the other day if you haven't been, I need an excuse to go back!' Taeyong showed him a picture of the pancake on his phone.

'No, I have not been there yet, we can go the day after, I don't have a tutorial that day'

'Exciting, and we can shop around at the mall after that if you want!' he said.

The clock struck 9 when the doorbell rang. Mrs G helped with opening the door. As the door swung open, so did the lightweight laced fabric that scarcely fell over the silhouette of the window. The wind gushed in rattling the Swarovski crystal from above. It was Mr and Mrs Jung.