Epilogue

Eventually, as time went by, I revealed to my parents that I was pregnant. My dad was pretty chill, but also excited he was going to be a grandfather. My mom was mad, and she started screaming at me, my dad, and Taehyung. She had to sit down and be consoled for a moment. But she got over it. Several months later, I had our baby, a daughter, who I named Jiwon. After I had her, I finished high school and started college. It wasn't easy, being the queen of my Underworld kingdom, and being a college student, and taking care of my daughter and husband at the same time, but I managed. If Persephone can stay in the Underworld, take care of her husband and kids, and visit her mother on Olympus six months of the year, then I could multitask too.

But lots of things changed. I even tried pastels like my mom wanted, but only when I went to college, and it wasn't as bad as I thought. I even changed my hair color from jet-black to blonde every once in a while to match Taehyung's silvery-gray hair, and he likes it.

There were times when Jiwon was old enough to speak, and she would say, "Mommy, are you Supergirl?" I never thought about it that way, but the way I live my life now, I guess in a way I am. Kathleen never stopped visiting me and Jiwon, and we never stopped having sleepovers together at her house. She's seeing someone now, and I'm hoping they'll get married sometime soon. There were times when on my way to college, I would pass my old prep school, or as I like to call it, "Hell on Earth." When I passed by today, the old students who were visiting recognized me as I walked by. They whispered things as I walked by.

"Is she really back?"

"I think she was kidnapped."

"I thought she got murdered."

"Too bad the kidnappers gave her back."

I use my magic every now and then, so when my ex-classmates got out of line, like now, I would wiggle my hands, and there would be rats scurrying frantically around the school courtyard. Of course, I made the spell wear off eventually, even though I'm sad to do it because they look so much better that way. 

But college is great. The students and teachers are so nice, and I don't have to turn anyone into rats. Soon I will graduate, soon I will go back to the Underworld to help my husband take care of my child, and possibly have more children. I will see the dead come and go into Elysius, and rule over both hell and Underworld with my husband, Kim Taehyung.

If you're lucky, when you come into the Underworld when you die, you'll see a dark throne, and me, Queen Kim Ree-Ha, lounging around on it.