Bad Night

After I changed into the nightclothes Kathleen had laid out for me, I sat on the bed. She gathers up her things. "Where are you going?", I ask. "Tis the end of the day my lady", she replies. "It is time for me to take my leave." "Please don't leave", I say. "Who knows what that monster will do to me when he comes back?" Kathleen sits by me and gives me a hug. "Be brave Your Majesty, it is only one night. I will be back in the morning with your ladies-in-waiting." I stare at her. "Ladies-in-waiting?", I repeat. She nods. "Well, they are referred to as slaves, of course, but honestly, what's the difference?" And we both laugh. "So you mustn't worry", she says. "Just do what he says, and you should be alright. But if anything does happen to you....." Her voice trailed off. "He will probably send me in to clean you up." I shivered. I may not last the night if she left me. No sooner than a few seconds later, the door creaked open. Taehyung came in, his hands behind his back. He came over to us. "Slave", he said loudly. Kathleen stood up and bowed. "Your Majesty. Is there anything you require?" He shook his head dismissively. "No slave, you may go, you are not needed at this time." Kathleen nods. "Good night then Your Highnesses." And she goes. Taehyung looks at me. I glower back at him. He stares at me for a while before undressing. "Shouldn't you do that in a closet?", I say. He stops and glares at me. "I will change wherever I choose", he said coldly, and continues. I fold my arms and lean back on the pillow. Obviously, no one tells this guy what to do. I slipped under the covers, hoping he would leave me alone for the rest of the night.

Eventually, he slipped under the covers too. I shut my eyes, trying to have one last good thought before going to sleep. Then I felt Taehyung's arm snake itself around my waist. He pulled me close to him. "I know how you feel about me Ree-Ha", he whispers in my ear. "But after our wedding, your feelings towards me will change." I was seething with anger at this point, I wished I had a stick to shove up this douche's ass. I stared at his arm. It was covered in muscles, and a single tattoo on his forearm. I turned my head to look at him, his empty black eyes were still wide open. "Can't sleep?", he said. "Or are you enjoying the view?" I grumble and turn my head away. He sits up. "Well, I can't sleep either. So, since we are going to be married, we might as well talk to each other about ourselves, but that might see pointless since I already know so much about you." I sit up. "You don't know anything about me", I say. He folds his arms. "Is that so? Well, I know that you come from a broken home. Your father died when you were very young, your mother always worries about you, you go to a school where you hate everyone there, and you did drugs for some time. The only thing I don't know is why you stopped." I stare at the silk sheets. "That's none of your business. And besides, I have no intention of having a conversation with someone who kidnapped me." I saw a fire in his eyes, but I didn't care at the moment, at this point, I'd settle for dying.

"Oh come on", he coaxed. "Hasn't anyone kidnapped you to be his wife before?" I could tell he was trying to be funny, but I was not amused. "If they had, I wouldn't be here", I say. Taehyung stood up and folded his arms. "My patience is wearing thin", he growled. "I do not wish to hurt you, but if you give me anymore of your lip, my willpower to be nice will be gone." I stood up and grabbed a pillow and blanket. "Fine. Then you'll sleep on your own tonight." I headed to the door. "Where are you going?!", he called out to me. "I'm going to sleep somewhere else!", I said before heading out the door. I shut the door behind me and burst into tears. I can't go on like this. I'm going to die here, and it can't happen soon enough. I wished I was home, away from here, away from him. I can't get married.

I must've cried in that spot forever until I heard a soft, "Your Highness?" I shot to my feet. "Oh my God Kathleen! I'm so glad to see you!" But then I got a good look at her face. 'Wait, you're not Kathleen, who are you?" The girl put a finger to her lips. "Hush Your Majesty! The daemon king might be listening! He doesn't allow anyone to call us by our names. Now you must go back to your room before he has a dreadful fit!" I shook my head violently. "No way. I'd rather sleep on a bed of nails than sleep with that douche. I'm finding someplace else to sleep." I stormed in the opposite direction of the girl. "Wait!", the girl whispered loudly. I turned. She looked left and right. "Follow me", she said. She took my hand and guided me along the hall. "I'm not supposed to help you in a situation like this, so you must promise not to tell anyone what I'm about to do for you", she says. I nod. "I promise",  reply. She took me to a room and opened the door. I gasped. This was the same room I woke up in when the douche abducted me. "This room may seem familiar to you", she says. "You may sleep here, it is the only other room suitable enough to sleep here." "Thank you", I say, and step in. "Good night Your Highness", she says, and turns to leave. "Wait", I say. "Can I know your name first before you go?" She shook her head fearfully. "I'm sorry Your Majesty but I cannot. His Majesty will have my head for telling you my name. Please, just address me as 'slave'." And she hurries off. 

I put the pillow and blanket on the cot. This is a terrible, terrible place. This monster doesn't deserve to be a king, hell, he doesn't even deserve to be alive. I need to escape, get out of here somehow. He may kill me, but that's a chance I'm willing to take. I needed to come up with a solution. But what could I do?