Unexpected Solution

I woke up the next morning on the same cot I had been guided to sleep in to avoid sleeping with the freak. I dragged myself away from the cot and walked to the bedroom to see the douche. Through the door, I could hear him snoring like a freight train. Still in my purple silk nightgown, I decided to walk around and explore a bit since I was going to be stuck here for a while. Besides I needed to think of a plan to get out of here. True, he might find me again and kill me, but there has got to be some way for me to get out of here without me getting killed. I was so busy thinking, I ran into Kathleen. "Oh! Your Majesty! You've frightened me once again!" She laughs. "Hey, I was just walking around, exploring. I know I'm not allowed to, but at this point, I don't even care." Kathleen looks left and right. "Okay, just make sure thou hath a good excuse for when the daemon king catches you." I wink at her. "If he catches me."

We both walked together and I told her everything. "I'm going to try and get out of here", I tell her. She looks at me, her eyes wide. "Really?", she says. "Yeah, I do not want to be in this shithole for longer than I have to", I say. "But how?", she says. "The daemon king sees and knows all. And if he finds out you've escaped the underworld, he will find you once again and kill you." I shrug. "I don't know yet, but I'll think of something. I have to. I have my whole life ahead of me. And I'm not going to spend it with someone like him." 

Kathleen suddenly looks as if she's thinking hard. "Well, I'm unsure if this is reliable information, but perhaps there is something in the royal library that may help you defeat the king and escape." I look at her. "There's a royal library?", I ask. She nodded. "In that library there is history on this world and many other worlds than this one." I couldn't stop myself from smiling. Surely there could be something there I could use to get out of here and free everyone else that's trapped here. "Well, come on!", I say, grabbing Kathleen's hand. "There isn't a moment to lose!"

Later on, in the library.....

"There has got to be something in here I can use!", I say, practically ripping books off the shelves. Kathleen moved left and right to avoid being hit by the books. "Your Majesty, I mean Ree-Ha, do try and calm down a bit! The books aren't going anywhere." I sigh out of exhaustion. "I'm sorry, I'm just so desperate. I need to find something Kathleen! Anything! It can't end like this!" I go back to shoving book off the shelves. Kathleen grabs my hands to stop me. "You need to take your time. You'll take twice as long to find something if you continue at this rate. You need to remain calm." I groan and collapse in a chair. "I know, I just.....I need answers, I need a sign! I'm going to get married to the freak at the end of the week, so that only gives me six days. I need to find some way to get out of here before then." Kathleen helps me up. "Well, I'll tell you this, if you really want to escape, you can't give up. The solution is around here somewhere, we just have to find it." 

I take deep breaths and try to think. "Well, Taehyung is a demon. So, we just have to find books on demons. Surely there is a section on demons somewhere. Do you know where it is?" Kathleen thinks for a moment and nods. She walks towards it and I follow her. "Here it is", she says. "Wow", I say. "That's a lot." She nods in agreement. "Well, lucky for thou, I have knowledge where the books on Taehyung are", she says. She sifts through the books and pulls out at least eight. "Huh, I didn't think anyone would want to write a book on that asshole, much less eight", I say. I take the books from her and we sit down at the table. "We should probably do something about that mess I made over there first", I say, getting up. "Oh, I'll take care of that", Kathleen says. She claps her hands twice and the mess of books float back on the shelves. I stare in awe. "Wow, magic floating books, I really am in another world." 

Me and Kathleen start looking through the books. I eventually slam the books closed in frustration. "None of these are helpful", I complain. "All of these are just stories on him. Jeez, he's really killed a lot of people in his lifetime hasn't he?" Kathleen sighed and nodded. "Yes, it does not make him any more impressive, does it?" I laugh sarcastically. "No."