The Nicest Douche

I sit on my bed in my fancy pajamas, still in disbelief that I had seen my father again after all these years. I was more determined than ever to get the rest of those ingredients and get out of here. Then I hear footsteps and I panicked. I took the book and stuffed it in my backpack and hid it under the bed. Then I laid back on the bed. The door slowly creaked open. It was Taehyung. He was already undressed, and he sat casually on his bed. "You know", he began. "I never really see much of you."

Gee, I wonder why...

"I realize I may have overstepped by taking you on that trip to Elysium", Taehyung says. "I realize I have not been the best fiance lately."

Yeah, no kidding...

"So, I wish to take you on a date. A real one."

Say what?!

"You.....want to take me on a what?", I ask, unsure of what I just heard. "I want to take you out on a date", Taehyung repeats. "I want this to work out. Please." I can tell from the look in his eyes that he means it. Well, his eyes are completely dark, but you know what I mean. I frowned. He was still a conniving, kidnapping, selfish, killing machine. But.....he's kind of a cute one. Kind of.

I decided to let him have one happy moment with me before he dies. "Okay", I agree. "One date." He smiles. "Great. First thing tomorrow morning." He uses his power to out the lights. We both lie down and I try to sleep. but then I felt Taehyung pull me in close. I hold my breath once I realize what's happening. Taehyung fell asleep, holding me tightly. He smelled good, like a mystical forest filled with flowers. I breathed in his delicious scent, and for a moment, I actually felt guilty about what I was planning for him. I shook my head and pushed him away once I knew he was sound asleep. I don't have time to be guilty. I have a demon to destroy and friends to release. I will finally get the freedom I deserve. Finally.....

The next morning...

I woke up and stared at my cell phone. It was just after seven. I decided to meet Kathleen in the library. I got dressed in clothes more my style and crept out of the room. Once I was in the clear, I raced down the hall and burst into the doors of the library. "Kathleen!", I shout and look around. She was under a pile of books, fast asleep. I walked over to her and threw the books out of the way. Once the path was clear, I shook her gently. "Kathleen, wake up", I whisper. She opens her eyes sleepily. "Ree-Ha?", she mumbles. I nod. "Yeah, get up", I say, taking her arm and getting her up. "So, you're not going to believe what happened last night." Kathleen sits at a table. "What happened?", she says. "I saw my dad", I whispered. Kathleen's mouth fell open. "What?! Where? Are you sure it was him?" I nodded. "I didn't recognize him at first because he looked so different. But I knew it was him and he knew it was me. I promised to get him out along with me and Dohyun." Kathleen cocked her head. "Who's Dohyun?", she asked. "Oh, he's one of my father's most loyal servants", I explained. "He actually saved me from getting sucked into Tartarus." Kathleen gasped. "Really?", she said in disbelief. 

I nodded quickly. "Yeah. And Taehyung is taking me on a date later so we have to get the rest of the ingredients." "A date? Really?", Kathleen repeats. "Yeah and believe me, I did not want to go", I tell her. "I just thought I should have one decent moment with him before I kill him." Kathleen laughs. "Okay, so let's just see what this last ingredient is", she says. Kathleen and I study the last riddle. Actually it was more of a poem. 

To finish the deadly poison you seek, DNA from your victim is all you'll need.....

I stare at the page. "DNA from my victim?", I say. "So, I need to get DNA from Taehyung?" Kathleen nods. "Looks like it, Your Majesty", she says. I sigh. "Well, I have that date with him later, so, I'll think of some way to get it." Kathleen shuts the book. "Well, at least let me help you get ready", Kathleen says. "With my help, His Majesty's DNA will be all over you." She winks. "Ugh, how dare you", I say playfully, and we both laugh.

I got dressed into something a little bit Greek and a whole lot of Ree-Ha and appeared into Taehyung's doorway office. He was eating yet another rat, and he looked over at me. He smiles, showing his sharp teeth. "You.....look beautiful", he says, licking his lips of rat blood. I look down at my outfit and look back at him. "Thank you", I say. "No boy has ever told me that I was beautiful before." Taehyung smiles again. "Well, they should", he says. "Because you are. Probably more beautiful than any girl in your town." I giggle and blush a little. Taehyung cleans his mouth quickly and stands. "Are you ready?", he asks. I nod. He takes my hand and leads me out of his office. I was a bit surprised when he took my hand. It was warm to the touch. I expected his hand to be cold, dry, and bony. But it was warm and soft, like a baby's hands. I spaced out a little, imagining what it would be like to have someone with hands like this all the time.

Taehyung leads me out of the building. We walked into Elysium, and the warm summer breeze floated through my hair. Then Taehyung leads me to a big, shady tree. There was a blanket laid out under there, with plates of different food. Wait, food?!

"Do you like it?", he says, smiling proudly. "I wanted to surprise you." I smile sheepishly. "Love it", I say in a strained voice.

What am I going to do?! I can't eat any of this food, or else I can't leave, and he's bound to notice I'm not eating and he'll know something's up!

"Um, I don't really feel like eating right now", I say, trying to make it sound believable. "Why, is something wrong?", Taehyung said in a concerned tone. I shake my head. "No, nothing's wrong it's just, seeing you eat that rat in the office, it just.....made me lose my appetite." I chuckle, and he chuckles too. "Yeah, I am sorry about that. I'll try to eat mammal flesh when you're not around from now on", he says. "Thank you", I say, smiling at him. "For right now though, you can, help yourself." So Taehyung digs in, and it was really hard to watch him eat, because I hadn't eaten anything in days, and I was starved nearly to death. I looked away, and Taehyung must've noticed because he stopped eating. "Are you all right?", he asked. "Oh, yes, I'm fine", I say, forcing a grin on my face.

Taehyung looks down and then comes closer to me. "Look, I know this might not mean much to you now, and I know you probably still hate me but, I'm really sorry."

I stop what I'm doing and look at him. "You're sorry?", I say. He nods. "Yes, I've been thinking and, I definitely was out of line by kidnapping you and scaring you out of your mind. I just fell in love with you that night, I wanted you....." His voice trailed off. He stared ahead. "I've been alone for so long, and for the first time in a long time, I felt something for someone." He looks at me. "I felt something for you." I just stared at him like he was speaking another language. "I'm as bad as my father", Taehyung continued. "He beat and killed and cheated on his women, so I did the same. But, you're so much more different than any of them." He takes his arm, puts it around me, and buries his head in my neck. "I promise after we're married, I'll treat you the way a queen is supposed to be treated", he says in a heavy whisper. Then, only seconds later, he is snoring softly in my ear. I smile a little and stroke his head. Then I stare at his unique whiteish-gray hair and I combed my fingers through it. Then my smile disappeared once I remembered why I came on this stupid date in the first place.

Once I was sure he was asleep, I reached down his scalp and snapped one of his hair out. Taehyungs mumbles, but he stays asleep. I silently got a napkin and wrapped the hair in. I tucked it in my pocket and held Taehyung tight. I wanted to kill him. He kidnapped me. He beat me. He insulted me. He took my life away. He's forcing me to marry him. He deserves to die. 

Then why is my subconscious telling me differently?