New Term New Teachers

Start from the beginning

"Alright.." I walked over and sat down at the foot of the bed, waiting curiously for Severus to finish.

Once he did, he made his way over and sat down beside me.

"I believe this news will make you much happier once you've heard it." Severus reassured me before continuing,

"I inquired with Professor Dumbledore about two weeks ago regarding a staff opening at Hogwarts that you might be able to fill. He told me that Hogwarts has been needing an extra instructor capable of assisting or filling in for professors that may not be able to teach due to illness."

"That would be amazing! I love nearly all the subjects taught at Hogwarts. This way, I'd be able to help with a little bit of everything!" I was giddy after hearing this.

"And, you wont have to remain here all alone." Severus added.

"Mhm.." I responded before getting up to pack my belongings as well.

Nearly an hour later, we were both tired and had to go to bed to get a good night's sleep.

~Spinner's End - September 1st - Wednesday Morning~

Severus' POV:

I woke up to the feeling of the light shining in my eyes. I felt drowsy and situated myself in order to face away from the sun. (Y/N) was still resting, so I tried my best not to wake her. She currently had her arms hung loosely around my neck. I pulled her in close to warm myself up a bit. She had stolen a majority of the blanket, which left me freezing. After a couple minutes of resting my eyes, I felt (Y/N) stir.

"Mm.. Morning Severus.." She whispered sleepily.

"Good Morning (Y/N)." I replied while running my fingers through her hair.

"Do we have to get up now?" (Y/N) asked me.

"I believe we should, yes." I responded before hesitantly removing myself from our embrace.

We both took our time getting ready and making sure that everything had been packed accordingly. After having eaten breakfast, we walked upstairs to retrieve our luggage before Apparating to the Gates of Hogwarts.

~At Hogwarts~

Your POV:

It took Severus and I about 20 minutes to reach Hogwarts. I was so glad to be back. Seeing the Black Lake, the Forbidden Forest, and the Quidditch Pitch put a smile on my face. As soon as Severus and I reached the large entrance way, we were greeted by Professor Dumbledore.

"Hello Professor! It's great to see you again." I said as soon as we were in earshot of one another.

"(Y/N), I'm glad you could take up the offer. Hello to you too Severus." Professor Dumbledore greeted us.

Severus turned to Professor Dumbledore and responded,

"Good Morning Albus."

"Right, well, the two of you must be anxious to get settled before the train arrives later tonight. I myself must tend to the preparations in the Great Hall, so I'll let you, Severus, explain what it is that (Y/N) will be doing at Hogwarts this year. Or as you'll soon be addressed, Professor (Y/L/N)." Professor Dumbledore smiled at us both.

"Thank you for offering me this job Professor Dumbledore." I thanked him.

"You're very much welcome. And if you'd like, you may address me as Albus when students are not present." Professor Dumbledore said before turning to walk in the direction of the Great Hall.

Severus and I decided to drop our luggage off and began walking in the direction of the dungeons.

"Did Albus tell you where I'd be staying?" I asked him as we neared his quarters.