32 - Becoming Chief

Y/n's POV

      We made it to the bus we were supposed to get on about 10 minutes late and it was so awkward getting on. Sam, Corey, and I were closer to the front while Colby and Elton were basically in the back. Even though we were late, Elton ended up being picked as Chief and it was pretty funny. He was the only one to raise his hand. He is now "Chief Elton John" and that's what everyone has to call him now.

     "Give it up for Chief Elton!" Colby yelled as Elton walked up to the front of the bus. Barley anyone clapped but I made sure that I was the loudest. "That's my uncle." Colby had said to a random person in the seat beside him. I silently shook my head at him as I continued to clap for Elton. Sam explained how we nominated Elton to be Chief and how he has to do rituals in front of everyone. We couldn't contain our laughter.

     "Dude! What did we get Elton into?" I asked while laughing. We had exited the bus awhile ago and we were all lined up. We watched as someone talked to Elton, probably explaining everything to him.

     "I'm excited bro." Corey laughed.

     "They said no smiling or laughing during this, right?" Colby asked.

     "Yeah, it's supposed to be super serious." Sam said.

      "Damn, I'm scared now." I said.

     "Oh yeah, you rarely ever not smile." Corey said.

     "I'mma just think about Lucas, I won't smile anymore." I said as I looked straight ahead and made a over exaggerated serious face causing the boys to laugh. They almost instantly cut themselves off and copied the face I was doing. "Wait, so Elton has to do this with a straight face?"

     "Yeah." Sam answered.

     "Damn, he's not gonna look at us then. Once he does he's gonna smile or start laughing." I said.

     "Yeah, we can't get him in trouble guys." Colby said. Soon the thing started and the guy told us not to laugh and that stuff. They wanted us to take this seriously to not disrespect them which I completely understand. I didn't pay attention to the faces the boys made cause if I did I knew I would have smiled or chuckled a little. We tried to name our tribe TFIL but they wouldn't let us.

     "Elton tried to make our tribe TFIL." Sam said while laughing.

     "Yeah, it didn't work at all." Colby laughed as we continued to walk.

     "What did we get ourselves into?" Corey asked as he laughed.

     "I have no idea." I answered while laughing.

     "I'm kinda scared not gonna lie." Colby said. When we got to the area they asked us where we were from and welcomed us. I had fun repeating after them. They continued to explain stuff and we all stood there patiently. The guys all went to stand in a line as I filmed them. Watching them try to copy off of the guy was hilarious but I effectively held back my laughter.

     "Yo what just happened?" Colby asked as we walked. He had taken the camera from me.

     "I just got the best show of my life." I laughed.

     "Of course you had fun." Sam laughed.

     "Yeah, all you had to do is sit there and watch us." Corey added.

       "Aw chief, always messing up." I said as Elton walked passed us in the front.

     "He's taking this so seriously." Sam commented.

     "I know." Corey whispered.

     "He's been straight faced the entire time." I added.