11

"You look really hot tonight!" Harry shouted into my ear.

The music was so loud I could barely catch what he said. But since I did hear what he said, my cheeks flooded with crimson and I hid my face behind my long hair.

And then it dawned on me.

Why should I let some guy that I've known for less than two days determine how I feel? I shouldn't show him that he has an affect on me; show him that I'm not weak. and that goes for all of the boys! It's time for me to step up and show them that I'm in control of myself!

And I might as well start with Harry.

"Why, thank you." I said, bringing my half-English half-Irish accent back as I turned around to face him.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" He asked, bluntly. He made no effort to hide the fact that his eyes were raking up and down my body.

"No..." I replied, putting a hand on my hip. I have never acted this confident before. I looked straight into his eyes, showing him that I would not back down. Apparently, he had no problem with that, because the next thing he did was put his hands on my lower back and pulled me towards him. I instantly put my hands on his chest, making sure that there was still some distance between us.

He had a very strong chest.

"Good." He whispered, bending his neck so that his head was beside my neck. I could feel his hot breaths on my skin.

"What about you?" I asked, trying to get the attention off of me. I could feel myself heating up; much to my disapproval. "Do you have a girlfriend?"

"Nope." He replied. I could feel his teeth grazing my neck under my curtain of long brown hair. "Not yet."

What does that mean?

"Do you want a drink?" He asked with a tilt of his head as he moved closer; if that were even possible. I could tell that he was already tipsy.

That explained a few things.

"No, I'm good!" I shouted back into his ear. I could feel his heart pounding through my palms.

"Do you want a kiss?" He asked with a cocky smirk.

Okay, time to back out.

"Um, nope. I think I'm good, thanks." And with that, I pulled away from the reluctant looking Harry and took a few steps backwards. He pushed his lower lip out into a pouty face.

"Awe, come on!" He said, taking a step closer. I took another step back.

"Actually Harry, Katie's gonna come dance with me." I voice said from behind me. I felt a warm hand on my hip. Turning my head, I saw that the hand belonged to none other than Zayn. "So why don't you go and get another drink or something?" And with that, Zayn pulled me along with him to the dance floor.

"Thanks for that." I said into his ear so he would be able to hear me over the loud music. He leaned into me to reply.

"It's no problem. I saw you were having trouble shaking him." He said with a smile.

Jeez, he's so hot.

"Seems like you did the trick, though." I replied with a smile. I could feel the blush starting to rise to my cheeks.

Keep it under control Katie. Remember, don't let them control how you feel.

"I guess I did, didn't I?" He said with a half smile as he looked right into my eyes. He snaked his arms behind my back and pulled me into him.