10

I can't believe I'm doing this, I thought as I looked up at Liam who was hovering above me.

But the thing was; I haven't reached my limit. And from what I could see, neither has he. I was desperate for more and I knew I could handle it.

I needed this satisfaction, and I knew Liam could give it to me.

It's been so long since I've had it, and now was my chance. And right now, the only person that I could think of giving it to me was Liam; because I know he was the only one willing to listen. Willing to try it with me. He was capable just as much as I was. He had the endurance that I needed. I needed the satisfaction of doing this; like I had a while ago. And now that I'm older and more experienced, I will be able to get the performance that I want; that I know I deserve. And I could only do this with Liam.

Because I felt safe with him.

"If Niall finds out about this, he's going to flip." Liam said nervously.

"No he won't!" I reassured him. "He'll be proud of me. I'm growing up; I need to do some things on my own now."

"I don't know if you will be able to handle it, though-"

"I need more!" I almost growled as I looked up at Liam.

I was clenching the bar above me like my life depended on it. My body was trembling as sweat beaded at my spine. Liam was looking down at me worriedly, almost breathing as heavy as I was. I could see my knuckles turning white, but I didn't care. I knew I could do this. I knew it because I have done this before.

"Are you sure?" Liam asked worriedly. He was directly over top of me, hovering so that none of his body was touching mine. "I don't want you to get hurt."

"Just do it." I urged, willing my arms not to give out on me. I can do this. I have done this. "Please?"

"I don't know Katie. I mean, you're so small-"

"Trust me." I let out a breath through my clamped teeth. "I've done this before."

"Okay..." He said wearily. He straightened up from where he was hovering over me and got into position.

This was it, I thought, mentally and physically preparing myself. This is the moment that I have been waiting for.

I closed my eyes and waited for the pressure that would come. He added on one more weight to each side. That's it. I was going to bench press seventy-five pounds. I tightened my grip on the benching bar and forcefully pushed upwards.

The bar lifted.

Liam's hands flew to the empty space between me and the bar, carefully spotting me.

Okay, Katie. Let's do this.

"One!" Liam said from above me as I bench pressed one rep. I brought the bar down for a second rep.

"Two!" He said, going to take the bar from my hands. He thought I couldn't do more than two?!

"One more! I can do one more!" I grunted, tightening my abs and arm muscles.

"Three!" He exclaimed, taking the bar from my weak arms and putting it back. I let my arms fall limply towards the ground as my chest heaved up and down. Wow! I can't believe I did that!

"I can't believe you did that!" Liam said, shaking his head as he smiled down at me. "I mean, look at you!" He indicated at my body with his hands. "You're so tiny!"

I laughed.

"Okay, I think that's enough weight training for one day." I smiled, trying to lift my arms from where they dangled, limp at my sides. I failed. "I can't feel my arms any more."