9

*Author's Note*

Hey guys! I don't really do author's notes at the beginning of a chapter, but there seems to be some confusion going around, so I'm just going to clear that up...

KATIE AND NIALL ARE NOT COUSINS.

I repeat, THEY ARE NOT COUSINS.

Katie only calls Niall's mom 'Auntie' Maura because she has known her since she was born. Katie and Niall are nothing but childhood best friends. That is all.

***

The feel of two strong arms wrapped around my waist was still there when I woke up.

The bright, blinding sun was shining through the space in between where the curtains met and was lighting up the room. That's weird. I thought London was hardly ever sunny? My back was against Niall's chest and his head was rested against the back of my neck. I could feel his soft, steady breaths against my skin, indicating that he was still asleep. Being careful not to wake him, I turned in his arms and tried to move away, but his grasp only tightened. He unconsciously pulled me so that my stomach was right up against his. My head fit perfectly in the crook of his neck, so I decided to stay like that. Just then, he mumbled in his sleep and shifted his head so that it was resting in between my shoulder and my neck.

"Good morning." He mumbled, his voice awfully low and thick with morning as his lips brushed against the skin on my neck. Shivers ran up my spin.

Whoa.

Okay, why was this happening? Me and Niall are just friends; nothing more.

So then why is the feeling of his lips on your neck and the sound of his morning voice sending sparks up your spine? I internally asked myself.

I mean, maybe if I had feelings for him then it wouldn't matter; but I don't. I've grown up with him; he's my best friend.

And then it came to me.

It's because I haven't slept with anyone in a long time; that is, in the literal sense.

Oh, stop making up excuses! My inner thoughts said smugly.

But I'm not! I'm not used to this feeling, especially since I had broken up with my boyfriend. I guess I just missed the feeling of not being alone. Right. That's why.

You keep telling yourself that.

Shut up, I internally scolded myself. Having inner monologues with myself? I have officially gone crazy.

"Morning." I replied into his neck. He then pulled away to look at me.

"So...?" He said, asking an unfinished question.

"So what?" I asked with confusion.

"Did I kick you last night?" He asked with a smile.

Always the first one to break the ice, I thought with fondness.

"Surprisingly not!" I answered, quietly laughing.

"I told you I wouldn't." He stated as he moved his head back to my neck. I could feel him smile against my skin. "Your neck is so soft." He said in awe.

"Um- thanks." I said unsure of what else to say. He started moving his face around, instantly sparking up my ticklish nerves. I started laughed loudly as I squirmed, not being able to control it.

"Niall!" I whisper-yelled. "Stop! Please!" He moved his hands up to my stomach and wiggled his fingers, making me laugh even harder. "Stop it!"

"What's the magic word?" He laughed.