28

New cover for "When In London"! ^

I dropped the pen.

"Keep your stupid contract," I muttered, shoving the stack of papers across the table, back to Vivian. She let out an angry huff, dropping her arms to her sides in annoyance.

"You won't sign it?" She questioned with a raise of her eyebrows.

"No," I replied simply. "This whole situation is absurd. It's all bullshit."

Vivian stared at me as if I had just slapped her across the face.

"Boys," she spoke through clenched teeth, trying to pass her sneer off as a smile. "Will you give Miss Katie and I a moment to ourselves, please?"

I stared up at her, staying where I was in my chair, before stealing a few glances at the rest of the boys. One by one, the people in the room started to exit without a word. First the security, then some assistants, then Liam, Louis, and Zayn, followed by the rest. Niall and Harry, however, didn't follow. Niall stayed standing next to my chair as I watched Harry make his way around the table, stopping directly in front of Vivian.

"What are you trying to do here?" Harry spoke lowly, sounding so intimidating even I felt threatened.

"Excuse me?"

"Leave the girl alone," he demanded, his tall frame towering over hers. "I don't know what you're trying to do, but she already declined your offer. I suggest you don't make the mistake of making things worse than they already are." And with that, Harry cast me a glance before exiting the room.

She stood there, gaping for a few seconds before composing herself once more.

"Niall, out." Vivian snapped, her patience running thin. I looked up at Niall, urging him to just leave so I could get this over with. I didn't want her any more angry than she already was. He stared back at her with such intensity; if looks could kill, she would be dead ten times over.

After what seemed like forever, Niall shifted his gaze down to me.

"I'll see you later," he murmured, leaning down to place a kiss on my forehead, his fingers caressing the back of my head lightly before I watched him disappear out the door.

Vivian cleared her throat, bringing my attention back to her. I watched on as she pinched the bridge of her nose, her eyes clenched shut. She exhaled loudly, sliding the contract back across the table so that it was in front of me once more.

"Now that the distractions are gone, I'd like you to read over the contract again," she explained, staring at me with a look of impatience.

I laughed.

"Is there something funny?" she spat, crossing her arms.

"I'm not signing this," I laughed again, looking at her in disbelief. Does she really think I'm going to accept this contract? After I already declined it in front of everyone?

"I really think you're making a mistake," she replied, her face contorting into a look of displeasure. "You'll regret this. It's a lot of money."

"Like I said," I shrugged, crossing my arms against my chest, "I don't want your money."

"It's not a matter of want," she tisked, taunting me with her squinted eyes as she glared at me. "It looks to me like you may need it, dear."

I clenched my jaw, willing myself to stay calm.

"How are you going to pay for school?" She pushed, trying to get me to rethink my decision. Was she being serious?

This bitch...