𝗙𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗙𝗶𝘃𝗲

Start from the beginning

"Okay, prosecution. This is your last questioning." Clancy said.

Rebecca stood, reaching in her pocket pulling out two items. "Are these yours?" She asked, passing the walkie-talkie and necklace, that Hayley had showed Tyler, across the table.

Jenna shook her head, her face pale. "um, no. The necklace is, but not the walkie-talkie."

"Really, because if you go back on the recordings it sounds like you." Rebecca grabbed the walkie-talkie, turning to Clancy as Jenna's heart dropped. "Permission to play recording?"

Clancy nodded his head, and Jenna took a deep breath. Tyler did the same, leaning back in his seat as he anxiously waited for what was to come.

Rebecca hit a button on the walkie-talkie. Static flowing through the cabin, until a familiar voice flooded through the speakers.

"We're at the trench, inside the cave. You better not be lying to me about this." And through the static another familiar voice flooded through the walkie-talkie.

"I found a rose outside. Maybe we should na-" and the recording cut out.

The room went silent, and Jenna covered her face with her hands as she let out a small sob. Guilt was swarming through her as she tried to gather herself again.

Tyler didn't even seem like he was paying attention anymore, he silently tapped his leg as he stared at the wall in front of him, ignoring Jenna's attempt to calm herself. He couldn't stop replaying that recording in his head. She betrayed him. His own wife. Against him and her own child. And he was stupid enough to believe her. He gave her his trust and she crushed it in front of him. Why would she do that? There had to have been a reason.

"That is your voice in this tape. Is it not?" Rebecca continued to push, and Jenna nodded slowly. "Yes or no."

Jenna took a shaky breath in. "Yes." Chatter broke out through all of the people, Clancy having to tell them to calm down.

Rebecca nodded towards Charles, "no further questions."

Charles hesitantly stood up, clearing his throat. This was the defense's last questioning before intermission, but there didn't seem to be much he could do to help her. He couldn't even think of a question to help her case.

"The defense passes." And he sat down. Jenna had her mouth covered, her tears dripping down her face and onto her hand. Rosie had now been taken by Tyler so his pretty little weeper's tears wouldn't drip onto Rosie's face.

Clancy stood, "we'll have a brief intermission, and then we'll come back for one last questioning before the verdict."

Everyone then stood, and Jenna stayed seated. Tyler stood, letting out a sigh as he walked over and handed Rosie to Josh. "Will you hold her?" Josh nodded, taking Rosie in his arms.

Tyler walked back over to Jenna who had her hands up over her face, leaning over the table.

Tyler leaned over from behind her chair, rubbing her cold shoulders and leaning to whisper in her ear due to all of the commotion. "Follow me outside, we need to talk."

Jenna sighed, "not now, Tyler."

"It can't wait." Tyler shook his head, his eyebrows lifted in determination.

Jenna sighed, nodding her head as she got up. Tyler made his way to the cabin's exit, Jenna close behind him. She was honestly terrified of what Tyler might have to say to her. She meant to tell him before Nico came, but then once she was locked up for doing so, she got scared.

Tyler took her into the medical tent, where he knew no one would be. Everyone was still in the cabin discussing the situation. "Tyler, I'm really sorry."

Tyler shook his head, sitting down on the medical cot so he didn't have to focus on his foot. He sighed, looking up at the tent wall. "I think I know how to prove your innocence."

Jenna furrowed her eyebrows, staying silent for a moment before stepping closer. "But-"

"I know." Tyler looked at Jenna with a blank expression although his tone was filled with what sounded like anger. "But I'm not about to let you spend your life behind bars. No matter how much you might want it." Tyler sighed, "Rosie needs you."

Jenna nodded, looking down as she played with her nails. "You do too, don't you?"

Of course he needed her. He needed her more than Rosie. But just that fact she was fishing for a yes gave him an opportunity to make him feel better about himself. He stayed quiet, not answering her question. Jenna looked up, a worried look taking her features as she felt her heart drop into her stomach. "This is what we're going to do..." Tyler began, and Jenna straightened herself so she didn't look so hurt.

◉‿◉

This whole book has been written for this small chapter. Lmao I hope you're liking the storyline. It'll get better.