𝗦𝗶𝘅

Header photo credit: JishJosephh

◉‿◉

Warnings: mentions suicide

Warnings: mentions suicide. Dark.

The story is about to pick up guys!! Get ready...

Words 719

◉‿◉

Awake

Tyler took his few steps to the counter, sighing with relief that it was finally his turn. "Subscription, please." Tyler handed the man at the desk the subscription for painkillers, and watched as he read it over quickly and looked back up at him.

He nodded, turning around and searching through a few different boxes until he grasped a bag with a label on it, and a medicine bottle. "Uh, my wife also wanted vitamins. Where do I find those?"

The man handed Tyler his subscription before pointing to the shelf to the left of him. Tyler nodded, searching through the vitamins as he felt the man's stare into the back of his head. He quickly picked a random vitamin bottle without looking if it was the one Jenna wanted and held it up to the man. "Found it." Tyler put on a fake smile to mask his awkwardness.

Tyler quickly made his way to the register to pay for the vitamins. The guy looked at Tyler as if he was stupid, and he felt very... well, stupid. He wanted to get out of that situation as fast as possible.

As Tyler began out of the driveway, as if right on time, his phone lit up and vibrated as Jenna's face popped up on his screen. He pressed accept and pressed it to his ear. "Hey, Jen."

"Did you get the vitamins?"

Tyler nodded, "yeah, I kinda forgot which ones you specifically wanted."

Jenna seemed to brush it off as if it was nothing, not like the stroller incident that's for sure. She was in a good mood, which made Tyler what to speed home and take all of the goodness he could. "That's alright, as long as it's pregnancy safe, it's good."

Tyler tensed, suddenly realizing that he didn't even check if they were safe for her. What a dumb husband. What if she took the vitamins and suddenly she had a miscarriage? His heart sank, as he leaned his head and shoulder together to hold his phone, and reached his arm over the elbow rest towards the passenger's seat floor board. "Hold on." He said, obviously presenting the sounds of struggling as he tried his best to stay on the road and manage what he was looking for.

He suddenly grasped something in his hands and pulled it out to be faced with the painkillers. He groaned. "You alright, Ty?"

Tyler sighed as he turned his attention to the bag for a split second to grasp the vitamins.

A long agonizingly loud honking noise that sounded like a car horn played in his ears as he felt his body thrust forward, his head hitting his radio, and losing consciousness.

◉‿◉

• Asleep •

Tyler wrinkled his forehead and eyebrows together as the loud siren blasted through his ears once again. He hung his head for a split second until he felt Jenna's fingers pinch his arm gently to grab his attention.

He immediately straightened himself, his head lifting professionally for the head count.

The weather was hot today, and not only was is blood boiling hot but Tyler had to drag that wagon. It seemed to get easier, but harder every time. His muscles were getting stronger from the workout, but the sun was getting hotter by the minute.

Luckily they were inside now, however he still felt this beating headache, and he honestly didn't know where it came from. The exhaustion was his guess.

Another siren screeched through the room, resulting in another missing head. A missing head meant another death in the city. Most likely suicide.

If you paid close enough attention to the man working the siren, which was called a Siren Keeper, you could tell if it was an natural caused death or a suicide by the venomous smile that teased his lips.

Tyler hated knowing, because it only made his dim dark mind grow dimmer, but he found himself every once and a while glancing over to the Siren Keeper, his eyes hovering over his lips in anticipation.

The siren blew.

The siren keeper smiled.

And Tyler looked down in defeat as he watched the ninth Bishop, Nico, mark the vacant location with neon. No specific color, just neon.

It was the worst part of the week.

Saturday, 3:30 PM.

◉‿◉

So, this random guy named Roy texted me on here and offered if I wanted to put my fan fictions on this app of his, webnovel, but I'm not sure if he's actually asking me or just promoting his app because when I looked at it in the AppStore it looks like it's for anime and I don't write anime...     so, I asked him if he has even read my fics! :D