Chapter 40 --- What if

Jisoo looks everywhere for Jennie. She's gone after she went out of the office, Jisoo's looking around the company for her, panicking, asking if everyone has seen her whereabouts. Just as when she's about to dial her phone, she heard some noise coming from the small janitor's closet right beside her. Jisoo leans on the door to hear clearly. 

"Jenduke is that you?" She asked but no reply so tries to turn the door handle and turns out it's opened. She pops her head in first, seeing a girl inside at the end dark corner, on the floor hugging her knees with tears running down her cheeks, sobbing. Jisoo sighed as she walked in and closed the door, went beside Jennie who's sobbing hard right now.

"Jenduke?" Jisoo placed her hand on Jennie's back made her flinched a bit and softly called her name. Jennie just kept on sobbing, tears coming out continuously. Jisoo left out a sigh, open her arms and pull her into a hug, comforting her by gently patting her back regularly. As soon as Jennie felt the hug she cried out hard, soaking Jisoo's shirt, gripping her clothe tightly, almost ripping them off, crying while mumbling unclear words. 

Jisoo just continues her motion until Jennie finally lets go of her and stopped crying, wiping her tears off as she calms herself down, exhales shakily, leaning her head on the wall, back to hugging her knees. 

"So, why are you crying?" Jisoo asked, helping to put aside the messy hairs that stick on Jennie's face because of tears, she sobbed a bit before she looks at Jisoo with swollen eyes and said. 

"Unnie... what should I do...?" She asked starting to tear up again. 

"Shh, I'm sure you made the right choice, Jen."

"But I'm going to hurt her more," Jennie said with a shaky voice, sobbing. "I chose to leave her when she finally decided to be with me. She's right, we shouldn't be together at first... It's all my fault... I don't wanna hurt her but yet I don't have other choices but to." Jennie cried out again, hitting her chest non-stop, keep on blaming herself. 

"Jennie... it's not your fault, stop crying." Jisoo sighed, feeling bad seeing her like this. She rubbed her back helping her to feel better. "Come on Jen, I'm sure you won't need to leave her." 

"But he's gonna kill her if I don't, and my family, and you guys." Jennie cried, looking at Jisoo helplessly, wiping off her tears causing her sleeves to soak already, but new ones keep on floating out again and again endlessly. "What if everything goes worse unnie, what if she's not going to forgive me for what I did.. what if-"