Chapter 39 --- Your Choice

"Kai, yah let me go!" Jennie shouted, trying to release Kai's grip on her wrist. Kai tighten his grip more and was about to shut her mouth when Irene and Jisoo came just in time to stop him.

"Yah!" Irene yelled as she ran over and kick Kai's leg made him winced in pain and let go of Jennie. Irene quickly hides Jennie behind her as Jisoo went over to Kai and punches him hard, making him fall on the ground. They were at the rooftop of SM company, Lisa's out town for 2 days with Seulgi and Rosie for a special event, so she asked Irene and Jisoo to help keep Jennie's safety when she's not around.

"What the fuck Kai!" Jisoo yelled it angrily with a furious face, pulled him up and dragging him towards the exit, downstairs to a room, and locked the door. Leaving Irene up there comforting Jennie who's trembling because of what just happened.

"Jisoo aren't you in the same team!?" Kai shouted at her unbelievably, rubbing his face where Jisoo punched him hard caused his lips to bleed a bit.

"We are, but that's not how you do that! Not forcing her!"

"Then what? Do like what you guys did? Tricking her? And ended up failing?" Kai scoffed at her, crossing his arms and make a sit on the chair beside him. Suddenly someone knocked on the door when Jisoo is going to answer him. She went to open the door and turns out it's Irene.

"Where's Jennie?" Jisoo asked, looking outside seeing if she's there.

"I asked her to go home first, she has her manager with her," Irene says as she came in and locked the door again, sitting on the cupboard beside. "So Kai, what's your plan? Kidnapping her?"

"Is there a better plan than this?"

"Choi asked you to?" Jisoo then asked made Kai stopped for a while and gulped before he talks.

"Yes."

"And what for? You don't have to do this Kai."

"Are you on my side or no? I have to do this, this is the only way to gain his trust." Kai frowned and said in a worried tone. The two got confused at what he said, looking at him with raising brows.

"What do you mean to gain his trust?" Irene asked, hop down from the cupboard and went to the chair beside him.

"My dad was killed during a business trip in Brazil, and I found out before he was killed, he was working with a company called CHK owning by Choi. So I decided to hide my identity and sneak in the company doing undercover, finding out the truth." He said made the two slowly nodded with shocks, more questions coming up, thinking deeply.

"Then why did you tell him about Lisa?"

"I never thought it would be like this." Kai left out a deep sigh, "I told him first because he told me about Lisa before, that he lost her. He never really say much about her, after he knows she's alive he wanted me to separate them." Kai said with a deep helpless voice, chuckled sadly, "But the truth is I have already moved on from Jennie, I have a girlfriend and we are getting married soon. I don't want him to know about this so all I can do is act, I know he has eyes everywhere. And I'm sure you two are also being watching under him." Jisoo and Irene nodded at him, feeling complicated.