Chapter 17

just so you remember, a twist of fate is darker than my other stories. warning of sexual intentions later in the chapter

We met up with the other three near our second location. It was near midnight when we finally moved to our second hit. The farm house screamed money. The hundred acres promised safety from watching neighbors and plenty of space for noise. The house itself was two stories high completed with a five car garage, a pool, and a shed that was a size of a normal house.

I sighed as our car came to a stop in front of the doors to the mansion. Men with big muscles stood at the entrance and around the grounds, and the bulges underneath their coats told me that they were armed. A thin man walked from inside to our car. He was fairly good looking with smooth backed blonde hair and captivating brown eyes. A pressed black suit was decorated with a silver tie.

He approached the car and reached forward to open the back door. I sucked in a breath and smiled as he opened the door. His brown eyes met mine, and a smile appeared on his face. "Ms. Cartier, it's a pleasure you were able to take my invitation as a date."

He held out a hand and I gently placed mine in his. His fingers wrapped around mine and held mine as I stepped out of the car. The light shined onto my fake tan and black hair. My deep blue gown shimmered with the silver detailing as my four inch silver heels clicked on the concrete driveway. "Thank you, Mr. Faulkner."

Mr. Faulkner led me towards the door but the guards blocked our way. Tweedledee frowned. "Mr. Faulkner, we weren't aware of an additional guest."

My companion grew upset. "I have already told your boss Mr. Tole that I was bringing a date."

Tweedledee and Tweedledum shared a look before speaking into their microphones. Tweedledum winced at the voice that was yelling back at them before they pulled back into their positions. Mr. Faulkner swept me past them and into the foyer that glittered with crystal chandeliers and expensive vases.

I didn't allow any expression to show as I saw the dozens of people littered around the first floor. They were dressed in expensive Dior, Chanel, Gucci, Yves saint Laurent, and more, but despite their differing tastes in clothes, they were all here for one thing. Sex slaves. They prided themselves of having money to buy people that were kidnapped and forced to have sex.

Mr. Faulkner led me to the dance floor and spun me into his arms. He brushed his face against my hair, hiding his lips from peeking eyes. "Jump rope."

I smiled. "Koala. How are you, Jess? I haven't seen you in a long time."

He chuckled before tapping on my back. With so many ears and listening devices available, it was dangerous to talk. So we used Morse code. Good. I can't say how happy that you and the others are here to take care of this bastard.

How long have you been undercover? We spun, and I saw a man with dark hair and dark eyes staring at me. I hid my smile from him. I found my target.

He sighed, answering to my question. "Too long. Almost three years."

I squeezed his arm. It's almost over. The others are in gear and will take care of the guards outside. Once we are given the signal, we will take care of the ones inside.

He smiled as the man with dark hair and dark eyes tapped on his shoulder. "Mr. Tole, thank you for letting my date come."

Mr. Tole smiled. On the surface, it was a pleasant smile, but beneath the surface was a cruel meaning. I could basically see his thoughts on stripping me naked and forcing himself on me. I smiled back at him, shielding my happy thoughts of killing him. "Hello, my name is Madeline Cartier."