Chapter 4

Platinum hair- Kieran

brown hair- Corin

red hair- Levi

black hair- Ryu

An hour later, I stood in front of an apartment. Knocking, I waited, holding my bag with all my belongings. The brown-haired man who had opened the door froze. His brown eyes widened before a guy with platinum blonde hair pushed him aside roughly. He enveloped me in a hug. The smell of sandalwood surrounded me, calming me slightly. When he stepped back, his bright blue eyes were full of worry.

"Sang, what's wrong? Is someone after you? Don't worry, we wi- ow," Kieran rubbed the back of his head after a familiar redhead pushed him aside to let me pass.

"Kier, if someone was after her, she wouldn't be here," Levi said, winking at me as he shut the door. He ran his head through his bright red hair.

The brown-haired man jumped onto the couch, picking up the computer. Strands of chestnut hair were coming loose from his ponytail, framing his face. Brown eyes twinkled with mischief, so like another prankster I know. Corin smirked. "Yeah, Kier. You know, sometimes I forget that you are an assassin."

Kieran scoffed. "I've been in this team longer than you. Sometimes I forget that Levi is younger than you. If I did not know, I'd think that Levi is the older sibling."

Tears welled up in Corin's eyes. If it was not for his smirk, one would think he was hurt. "You hurt me, Kier."

The smell of amber made me aware of my last teammate's presence. I turned my head to look at a chest. I glanced upward until my eyes met cold amber eyes. A flicker of emotion passed through and I smiled. "I am okay, Ryu."

Ryu nodded and went over to lean on the wall. His black hair was wet, and strands of hair were sticking outward in many directions. His amber eyes calmly looked over me in a glance before settling them back onto Kieran talking with Corin. His eyes softened for a second before returning into a cold mask. "Sang, why did you call a family meeting?"

All members of my team looked at me. I sat on the arm of the couch. "Dr. Roberts is calling us back to the States. We are being assigned a mission. Details are unknown because the information is sensitive. Tomorrow, we leave. Have everything ready to leave."

Levi nodded as he wolfed down the last of my cereal. "We are always ready. Are you packed?"

I jerked my towards the bag sitting inside the door. I didn't have much, so it made things easier when I must run. "Already done. Let's get this done. Levi, Cor, clean up. Make sure nothing that tracks back to us is here. Kier, make arrangements for me. You and the others come over the week. Go to the apartment. If we are needed her for a long period of time, look for a permanent home. Ryu, discard anything electronic, weapons, intel that we don't need. I leave tonight. Make sure that no one makes a connection from this place to Levi."

Corin jumped and placed a hand over his heart, mocking offense. "Hey, It's my place. I paid for it."

"Technically, the Academy paid for it," Ryu said from his position against the wall. "and Levi does more than you around the house. You are a slop."

Corin slumped and turned towards me with a pout. "Sang, they're being mean to me."

"Poor puppy," I kept myself from laughing. "But they are right. You are messy."

I walked with Ryu into a bedroom to change. I opened my bag. When he saw the red book on top, he stopped and touched my arm. "Sang, will you be okay going back to Charleston?"

Without looking at him, I nodded. All of them knew about my past life. When I told them, they believed me and were not pessimistic. They had their questions, and for some reason, they did not call me crazy and run away. "I have to. They don't know me, but every time I see them, my heart aches for them. I miss them. Not only that but there is a possibility of running into Devon."

The smell of cedar wrapped around me, comforting me. Chestnut hair mixed with my blonde strands as he bent down to comfort me. "You will be okay. The circumstances with Devon are not your fault. You are strong. Stronger than any of us, and if you fall, we will be there to catch you."

After I regained my emotions, I softly pulled away. Kieran, Corin, and Levi were in the doorway. Their gazes held concern and pride. All of us know that each of us have a bad history, and when we talk about our past, we never look at each other with disgust. We are a team. My team.