Chapter 16

Sang POV

I had arrived back home with my mind in jumbles. I knew that I should keep the barrier between me and the Blackbourne team, yet I couldn't help but want to be around them. My heart was yearning for them, but my mind was arguing the dangers that would threaten them if I got too close. Sighing, I shoved these thoughts in the back of my mind because we have a mission.

Opening the door, I walked through the doorway, making sure that the door was locked. It never ceases to amaze me that people don't think strangers would enter their houses even if they were home. I made my way to the farthest and highest room in the house which happened to be the attic. When we first moved in, the four of them decided to make this our meeting room and weaponry.

Taking the last step of the retractable stairs to the attic, I looked at the space. The attic space was the length of the main house building. There were no windows other than the small circular window. The guys had installed lights which illuminated the space. Along one of the two shorter walls were three computers. All of us were skilled in hacking so all of us could use them. The middle computer had information about the mission while the left computer had images of blueprints. The right computer showed the areas the cameras we had installed. On the opposite small wall were shelves they built that were full of medical supplies. Along the long wall, they had built spaces for beds. On the opposite wall was our armory. Guns, knives, poisons, equipment, and more lined the racks and filled the drawers. In the middle of the room was a table where the four members of my team were huddled around.

They were dressed in their pajamas or were half-dressed. Levi had a pair of jeans that hung low on his hips. A towel was around his neck, and his hair was still wet. Next to him was Kier who was in his dark blue pajamas bottoms with constellations design and a white t-shirt. Next to him was Ryu who was fully dressed in jeans and a t-shirt. His hair was pulled back in a half up, half down do. Corin finished the circle but what he wore confused yet amused me. He was wearing a bunny onesies for adults. A white ball of fluff made me want to tug on it which I did, making him yelp in surprise.

 A white ball of fluff made me want to tug on it which I did, making him yelp in surprise

He swung around, staring at me with round golden-brown eyes. He whimpered. "Sang, you pulled on my tail!"

I shrugged. "Couldn't help it. It's fluffy." I looked at the others. "Now what's the mission?"

Levi spoke, his accent making his voice come out lyrical. "The mission is a retrieval mission."

I frowned. "Retrieval? There better be a good reason as to why the called for us other than the team that is more than capable across the street."

Kier smiled, showing off a wicked grin. "Yes, but ours involve killing. The Academy is assigning the deaths of a Judge McClellan and Underworld Boss Henry Tole. Tole has been kidnapping young boys and forcing them to fight to the death or into sex. No matter what evidence we gather against him, Judge McClellan was able to throw the evidence. The Academy has been trying to take the sex ring down for almost a five years, and they decided that it is time for the end."