sixtythree.

nini couldn't handle being in the room after that whole debacle of a wedding. she wasn't expecting anything like that at all.

so ricky broke up with her all because of a blackmail? she ended up crying in her bedroom, worrying the hell out of her moms and friends all because of a stupid blackmail?!

she didn't know how to feel. too many emotions were suddenly rushing in at that moment when gina and ej had played the audio of the whole revelation. she felt like she was suffocated and couldn't breathe. she ran out.

she didn't cry. no, she wasn't going to. she's a grown woman now and she promised herself back at seventeen that she wouldn't cry over boys anymore.

she ran even faster when she heard her name being called and she knew it was ricky. she didn't want to talk to him, at least not now.

unfortunately for her, ricky caught up to her and blocked her way.

"nini, wait-"

nini avoided eye contact with him and tried to move aside, but he blocked her again. "i really am not in the mood to talk right now."

"please, just hear me out for a moment." he pleaded.
nini sighed as she finally looked up at him.

"fine, but i'm not going to say anything."

"you don't have to." ricky said as he continued. "i'm- shit i don't know what to say right now."

"well then don't say anything. what happened was pretty obvious to me. arielle was jealous and blackmailed you into having a relationship with her." nini stated calmly as ricky was a bit dumbfounded with her reaction.

"are you not mad or....?" he asked slowly.

nini stayed silent while ricky just nodded.

"you're mad."

"i'm not." nini responded right after. "i'm not mad. it's not your fault, you... you just did what you thought was best. but am i pissed? yes i am. but i'm not at you."

"oh."

"yeah." nini responded quietly. no one talked for a few minutes until nini decided to break that silence. "listen, i'm still trying to process everything that happened so i'm just going to go. think you can take care of stella while i'm gone?"

"of course."

"okay. bye then ricky." nini said as she just waved awkwardly to ricky and left to her car.

ricky stood there. he didn't know what he should do now. the truth was out and he felt a little bit of relief now that he was a single man and didn't have any reasons to be around arielle anymore.

but he did feel a little tug with his conversation with nini. sure she wasn't upset at him, but he still felt at fault for everything.