prologue (4)

"Hey!" Nini greeted cheerfully as she entered in the passengers seat of Ricky's car.

"Heyoo" Big Red greeted from the back as Ricky smiled at her.

"Got everything?" Ricky asked before leaving. Nini quickly checked for her phone and wallet, then nodded.

"Yep! Let's go!" She said as Ricky nodded and began to drive to EJ's.

EJ's house was only around ten minutes away from Nini's, so the drive wasn't too long. The whole time, the three of them jammed out to Queen.

Ricky soon pulled up on the sidewalk of EJ's house and parked his car. He, Nini and Big Red soon exited the car and walked up to his front door together to see that it was already unlocked.

"Who wants to bet that EJ's already drunk?" Big Red said as they walked inside.

"No need to bet, we all know he is." Ricky said as he pointed to a very drunk EJ dancing with some random girl from their grade. Nini giggled as she saw Ashlyn, Gina, and Kourtney talking together in the kitchen.

"Hey! I'm going to head over and talk with Ash, Gina, and Kourt!" Nini shouted over the loud music as she kissed Ricky's cheek.

"Okay! Red and I will try to find Carlos and Seb somewhere!"

Nini nodded her head and walked over to the kitchen.

"Nini!" Ashlyn said first as she saw the brunette walk over to them.

"Hey!" Nini said as she grinned at them. "How long have you guys been here?"

"I helped EJ set up." Ash said as she took a sip from her cup.

"Kourt and I got here around ten minutes ago." Gina then said.

The four of them just talked to each other in the kitchen for the next hour. It was the only place where it wasn't so loud, and there wasn't really anyone there too.

As they were talking, Nini started to become a bit nauseous from the smell of alcohol and the loud music.

"Nins, are you okay?" Kourtney asked as she noticed Nini looking a bit pale.

"Uh.." Nini said as she placed her hand on her forehead.

"Did you drink or eat anything?" Gina then asked. Nini just shook her head no.

"Let me get her a bottle of water. All the drinks are probably spiked by now." Ashlyn said as she went off to find water for Nini.

"Honestly, can one of you just take me home?" Nini asked.

"I can." Kourtney said as Ashlyn came back with water and handed the bottle to Nini.

"Thanks, Ash, but Kourt's just going to take me home." Nini said as she smiled softly to her.

"Okay, feel better Nini!" Ashlyn said as she and Gina waved goodbye to her.

Nini and Kourtney began to walk to the front door before Nini stopped, "Wait, i'm going to find Ricky first and let him know that i'm going home early."

"You want me to come with you?"

"No it's okay, i'll meet you at your car." Nini said as Kourtney just nodded her head.

Nini walked around through the crowds of people, making her way around trying to find Ricky.

She soon caught sight of the familiar brown curls and made her way over to him, but soon stopped and thought she was going to throw up then and there.

He was kissing a girl.

Tears started forming in Nini's eyes. She couldn't believe what was happening.

She just turned around and left. She wasn't going to deal with this tonight.

"Hey, what took so long?" Kourtney asked as Nini entered the car. Luckily, it was dark, and Kourtney couldn't see Nini's puffy eyes.

"Too many people to get through." Nini joked lightly as Kourtney laughed quietly.

"Can we listen to some music?" Nini said trying to distract herself from what happened.

"Sure." Kourtney said as she turned on the radio and lowered the volume down a bit.