thirtyseven.

"psst, nini!"

nini looked over and saw ricky wearing a cap and sunglasses inside the cafe she just entered in. she walked over to him and sat opposite from him.

"okay, quick question. how the hell do you manage to go in public without people recognizing or bothering you?" nini asked as she wondered about the previous times they were all out together in public.

"i pick my places carefully. plus i know a few people." he responded. "do you want to order anything first?"

nini shook her head no, "i'm okay. for now." she began to fiddle with her fingers, "so?"

"so..." ricky began. "i'm really sorry again, i've just been really busy and-"

nini cut him off as she knew he was going to start rambling, "ricky, it's okay."

"right. okay." ricky said as he took a sip of his coffee. "so, i want to be there for stella."

"really?" nini asked as ricky just nodded.

"yes, just- why didn't you tell me about her when you first found out?"

"ricky, i was scared." she replied as she looked away from him. "i mean i found you kissing arielle while we were still together at that party, and a few hours later you dumped me over the phone!"

"i had no choice."

nini's eyes furrowed in confusion, "what?"

ricky's eyes widened as he straightened up in his spot, "i'm really sorry."

"it's in the past. i just hope that your girlfriend wouldn't be a problem with this whole situation?" nini replied adding emphasis on girlfriend. ricky shook his head no.

"okay then. um, i gotta pick stella up from my moms now, and after we could tell her if you're still free..?"

"um, yeah we can." ricky said as nini smiled and got up.

"meanwhile, i can then tell you some stories about stella when she was younger. she was quite the child." nini said making ricky smile again. he couldn't believe that he really was a father.