Chapter 1: Titan Squadron

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outer Rim

5 ABY

"Another day, another victory" Grey declares as we returned to the Overseer

"Another day, another victory" Grey declares as we returned to the Overseer. We had just destroyed a patrol of the New Republic, two frigates and several starfighters.

"Well said, Captain" I agreed.

"Hear, hear" says Sol.

"It's always nice to see these rebels burn" Vonreg adds.

"I knew you would say something like that" Shen finished. All except for Grey chuckle at that comment.

"Alright Titan, that's enough. Let's meet up with Captain Kerrill"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Exellent work out there, that was a flawless victory. I didn't expect anything less from Titan Squadron" Kerrill remarks during the debriefing "Get some rest Titan, you have earned it. But remember: Be ready at any time, for you may never know what can happen"

We thank and salute her. I belive I speak for all of us when I say that we are happy to finally get some free time. Every since the destruction of the second Deathstar, our forces were either retreating or engaged in hit-and-run attacks. We barely had time to catch enough sleep before going back out there, risking our lifes.

We fight almost every day. Ambushing patrols, raiding supply-depots of the New Republic or dealing with rogue imperial commanders.

Captain Kerrill turns around to look at the stars outside, deep in thoughts. Me and the rest of Titan Squadron return to our quarters. Once I am out of the armor and in a fresh uniform, I take a look at my chronometer. It's time: Admirals Sloane would be giving a speech in a few minutes.

I make my way down the hall to my squadmate Rella Sol, but as I am heading down the hall, I nearly collide with her. She immediatly salutes me and stutters "Elshire...I...I apologise. I should have been more careful"

I shake my head "No, please. The error is mine. But regardless, I was on my way to you, because..."

"...Admiral Sloane is holding her speech?" she finishes my sentence. I smile at her "Of course she would know that. She listens to all of her speeches"

"Yes. And I wanted to ask if you would like to watch it with me"

She blinks in surprise, but then smiles "I was just on my way to ask you the same thing"

"Oh, what a coincidence. Well then, after you" and I make an inviting gesture back to my quarters. She nodds and goes ahead.

Since my promotion to Flight Baron, I was giving much better quarters: It was larger and had a window to look out into space, a more comfortable bed, more furniture. I also got better food rations and many other privileges.