Chapter 36 Pt 2 - Case iii

Start from the beginning

You retreated away from him, backing towards the toolbox in the corner.

"Don't make this difficult for me, yeah?" Juwon demanded, more than asked.

While you were moving away from the advancing drug addict you swiped up a screwdriver and hid it up your sleeve as discreetly as you could.

It was lucky you did. The next moment happened quickly as Juwon made to lunge for you.

Wrestling with him, you wretched your arm free and pulled it backwards to thrust it into his shoulder.

Juwon let out an ear-piercing scream as he stumbled away with the screwdriver stuck in his flesh.

"Fucking bitch!"

In his staggered state, you saw an opportunity and took it. Rushing forward you brought your leg into a swift powerful kick into his abdomen, the motion sending him over the edge of the stairs and tumbling down to the bottom, hearing cracks and bump that had you cringing.

"Asshole," you spat before sprinting back to Yong-sun, thinking that you needed to get her out of here and fast. 

Before you could reach the unconscious woman he was back up the stairs, screaming and upon you in an angry fit of rage. Huge arms caged you and crushed around your upper body. 

"No- No! Let me go you bastard!" You kicked and flailed.

You could have sworn he must have broken a few bones in that fall. That was the power of anger and adrenaline, fuelling one's mind and body to push past the pain. 

You were roughly thrown to the floor, the breath was knocked out of your lungs and pain shot up through your ankle. A painful groan was pulled from your lungs.

The sticky substance on your palm only just registering. God you hoped that wouldn't get infected.

"No, oh no. Oh no- no- no! He's going to kill me!" he fretted grabbing fist-fulls of his hair in panic at your injured ankle and cut open palm. Juwon paced feverishly, eyes shaking and flicking between the nearby stairs and you injured on the floor. 

"Fuck-fuck-fuck! Why do you have to be so damn annoying! I had nothing do to with this! I want nothing to do with this!" he yelled hysterically. Juwon seemed to forget about the deep wound in his shoulder in his panic.

Namjoon must have failed to find Taehyung, or he must have heard the commotion, as he appeared up the stairs soundlessly, eyes still a demonic black and face hard like a rock. 

Juwon twisted to face him. 

"Namjoon! Shit-I'm sorry this bitch started acting up and I-"

It happened so quickly. Namjoon spent no time in striding over to Juwon. 

Namjoon swiftly caught his head and snapped it to the side causing your heart to stop at the sickening crack. His shoulders immediately loosened and body slumped to the floor harshly with a thunk, broken neck turning his head off to the side face towards you. Those dead shocked eyes landing on you. The sound of his neck breaking continued to ring through your ears and leave as an echo.

Your breath came out heavy as blood turned to ice your veins, not being able to look away from the dead man's stare. You couldn't help the shake your body started to emit.

Your mother had a broken neck like that too...

Tremors started throughout your body. Scared wasn't even the correct word. 

Your vision blurred at the edges momentarily, your body seeming to go into shock. You forced yourself to breathe through it, and shook your head.