Chapter 13 - Case ii

This asylum was cursed. You could tell that much by standing before the gigantic building looming over you, just outside its front iron gates.

Gates to hell.

Gates that obviously hadn't been rejuvenated in years much like the building in front of you that looked to be standing on its last legs. 

    "This looks cosy," Jackson commented nonchalantly, leading the way through the large courtyard towards the entrance of the building. 

"Sure does," you hummed in agreement. 

"You didn't bring the file, did you?" Jackson asked suddenly.

"Of course not Jackson. What do you think would happen if they found it? We'd be in some right shit!" You said confused that he would even ask. "I remember most of Hoseok's file anyway so don't worry."

Just imagine that, if someone at the hospital found that file. The questions, and the trouble you would be in...

You felt completely out of your comfort zone as you walked side by side, very aware of the dozens of eyes following you pair causing an unfamiliar chill in your bones. 

The two of you proceeded to the double doors of the entrance, passing by a few orderlies and patients that got their fresh air in the courtyard, some of them pacing, some playing and some just sitting quietly to themselves on the benches. However your eyes were drawn to one patient in particular. An old woman, standing by the peach tree that grew in the middle of the courtyard. Her pockets were full and lumpy, stuffed with fallen peaches, her wrinkled hands cupping a few more. And she stared, stared right at you, as you and Jackson walked by. There was an empty look in her hollow eyes as they followed your form all the way to the entrance of the hospital, until you disappeared behind the doors. 

"I really hope we can deal with this without too many complications," Jackson muttered mindlessly. You nodded. It was similar to what you had told the others back at the facility, and it made you think back to the day before when the others found out you where you were going.

"(Y/n)! You're hurt!" Jungkook had gasped, worry evident on his boyishly handsome features. 

"I'm fine, Kook. Its just a scratch, nothing to worry about." Although when saying that the wound had throbbed like it knew that had been a lie. It stung like a bitch and it hurt. You just hoped to fuck that you hadn't got it infected with your measly attempt at bandaging it up. 

You were relieved Jin hadn't been around remembering his reaction the last time you had hurt yourself. 

"But where are you going? For how long? And when can I see you?" You realised from the barrage of questions from Jungkook that the boy was confused and desperately seeking answers, almost like he was unsettled by something. Your absence?