Chapter 3 - Case i

It had been a feat, but Jackson, Yugyeom and you had managed to drag the flailing boy down the few flights of stairs beneath the facility and managed to bring the boy into a locked down room and safely tie him to a chair in one of the special exorcising rooms that were littered with candles, ropes and incantations all over the walls. 

The basement was like another floor of the building, only one without windows. So naturally it was always cold down there, and dark from the unnatural light. That unnerved you, not to have any windows nearby, a feeling a claustrophobia enveloping you. You should be ok with it, you thought, as long as you weren't down there too long. 

He seemed to have calmed down slightly, but Jungkook still wretched and tugged in his ropes. 

Jungkook... No, not Jungkook. The other one.

You still could get that haunting image out of your head. Those dreadful black eyes... You shivered, as if they were still staring at you, through you. You didn't want to see that again, the job hadn't been finished however. 

The three of you had left the ominous room to gather some items and objects needed for the exorcism, Jackson staying just outside of the room in case Jungkook broke free.

You were off, and both Yugyeom and Jackson noticed quite clearly. Your foot tapped continuously and you kept scratching the invisible itches on your arms. 

You weren't ok

There was something that had entangled you in its dark grip and had started to squeeze the only bit of rationality you had a hold of.

Those eyes shook something within you. 

"(Y/n) are you sure you're up for this?" Yugyeom asked worrying lacing his words once you returned from Bang's office with a large old looking book that had lost much of its hue over the years. 

Doubt and a peak of fear began to cloud your head. This was the first time you had led an exorcism. You had shadowed others the last few times but this time, you were on your own. Well, not entirely alone. You would have Jackson and Yugyeom in the room with you, making sure nothing went wrong.

Even so, something about this didn't sit right in your stomach. 

More over, you were worried about Jungkook. You were worried about how this would affect him in the long run. There had been cases in the past when the victim had been exorcised and taken into the recovery wing, yet even when months turned into years, they wouldn't get any better, worse even. Fear would corrupt them and their hallucinations would increase until finally they went crazy. Mr Bang would feel like he had let those ones down when that happened. They would be shipped off to a mental hospital, even though the boss man knew they were too far gone. He would put them out of their misery if he could, but obviously, murder was illegal.

You wanted to speak with the real Jungkook, give him courage, before you went through with this, but you would have to send him your courage in your heart because once in that room, you would have to begin there and then. 

With a deep breath, you gave Yugyeom a weak smile. "Don't worry, I'll be fine."

The youngest male didn't seem too convinced with your words, his lips upturned into a frown. 

"Ok, let's do this." And with that, Yugyeom pushed open the door, and allowed you to step in first, then the other two followed.

You felt as if the room itself would swallow you whole, like a giant black hole of a mouth, that had invisible teeth.