10. Banters

Embracing the warmth emitted from the bonfire under the starlit sky, Ayushi looked at the bunch of people surrounding her. Her grandparents were cherishing their golden memories with their friends while Rakshan and Aditi were listening to them intently and smiling at them. She laughed seeing Harshan teasing Rachna who was utterly pissed.

Ayushi was extremely happy. She felt lucky to get a new set of grandparents who treated her like their own granddaughter. Two new brothers handling their own companies had helped her sisters to make her day special, touched her heart and cherry on the cake Rachna organizing a party for her made her to be in cloud nine. Suddenly an arm rested around her shoulder, smiling she rested her head on her sister's shoulder.

"Butterfingers I just wish Ma and Pa where here."

"Little devil you're really so dumb. There is a technology that visually connects people called video calls." Aditi took her phone to video call her parents. The sisters had a heartily talk with their parents.

Nirmal placed the mouth watering chocolate truffle cake on the table. As the clock stroke twelve, Ayushi heard the loud chorus of her family wishing her birthday. Making a wish, Ayushi blew off the candles and cut the cake into pieces. Feeding everyone the cake pieces, she thanked them again for making her day perfect in the process earning few hugs, pats and hits. Soon the beautiful night ended with everyone dispersing to their rooms.

******

Aditi's phone resting on the teapoy in the living room pinged with a set of messages from Rachna. Harshan kept aside the magazine he was reading and looked at Aditi's phone that was continuously beeping.

Adi! Throw your phone in the garbage.

I will kill you once I meet you, Aditi.

Adi! Pretty please save me.

Harshan texted back wondering what the fierce Rachna got herself into.

Oh my god, the mighty Rachna wants help. I didn't expect this.

Who is this?

Hey Beautiful! I'm hurt you couldn't recognize me.

Why the hell are you messaging on her phone, Harshan?

Wow, I'm proud of you Rachu. By the way, Adi has gone to the market along with your Dadu leaving her phone back home.

That doesn't means you can use her phone. And most importantly, call me Rachna.

Hey! I too have manners. I wouldn't have touched it if you wouldn't have continuously sent messages, 'RACHU'.

Urgh... Whatever,I need your help.

Am I dreaming? Rachu asking me to be her shining armor in rescue.

Keep your nonsense to yourself. Call me right now and come to the Phoenix mall.

You can't order me, Madam. Ask politely with a please.

I'm dying to throttle you, Harshan.

Fine, I'm keeping the phone down.

Okay, okay. ..Please call me and come to the mall.

That's like a good girl.

Harshan called Rachna moving towards the car.

"Hi Beautiful!"