35. Soft tendrils

The bubbling and cheerful atmosphere in the Verma house was enveloped in silence and gloominess. Their vacation had come to an end. The Arya's were leaving to Delhi the next day evening while Rakshan was flying to Bangalore on the same day.

Post dinner the four thick friends decided to spend their night in their room chatting over their golden days . Handling enough of somberness throughout the day, Ayushi pulled the four sober youngsters to watch a romantic movie in the living room.

Harshan and Rachna sat on the couch a bit far from the ear shot of the other three. Rachna snuggled closer to Harshan enjoying the warmth emitting from his body while Harshan held her closer to him. Playing with his shirt button, Rachna breathed, "I will miss you, Harsh."

Harshan smiled and gently placed a kiss on her temple. Inhaling her vanilla scent, he mumbled, "I will miss you too, Rachu."

"I will miss you thrice, Harsh."

Harshan chuckled and pulled her more closer. Kissing the infinity symbol in her ring, he huskily whispered in her ears, "I will miss you infinity, Rachu."

Rachna rolled her eyes but nevertheless her cheeks turned to a shade of pink and she mumbled, "Where do you get these soapy lines?"

"Excuse me. Give me some credit man. Look at your cheeks and by the way I'm king of hearts." He prided lifting his shirt's collar and received a hit on his arm.

"King of your heart only. Are you happy now violent woman?"

Rachna snorted but later placed her palm on his chest, "King of my heart only." They continued watching the movie in each other's embrace. As a song started playing, Rachna diverted her attention back to Harshan.

"Harsh, day after tomorrow I'm going to join back in work. You will also be joining your work back home." Rachna mused grabbing the attention of Harshan. He professed her to continue further.

Giving him a small smile, she continued, "No matter how much busy we get with our work, we're going to take at least half an hour daily for us. And if you feel that I'm turning back to the previous Rachna, you have all the right to point it out and help me."

Harshan gave a hard kiss on her cheeks. He was proud of the woman in his arms who had completely changed.

"Rachu, I promise everyday I will make time for us and if I feel you're turning back to the previous Rachna which I know you won't but still, I will be there to help you. Also, if you feel that I'm not giving you enough attention then you have all the right to tell me." Harshan said playing with her long curls.

"I wish this vacation was forever" She whimpered tugging his buttons.

Cupping her cheeks, he soothed her, " I too wish the same, Rachu. I never expected I would be meeting you nor expected that you would become an integral part of my life. That's what life is and now I'm going to work hard for us."

Rachna smiled and laid her head on his shoulders while he continued playing with her curls.

******

Aditi sighed the movie was too romantic and cheesy. She had lost the interest in the movie within half an hour of watching. She moved her head to see Ayushi's eyes glued to the screen. She wondered whether her taste was poor or her sister's. Shaking her head, she looked at Harshan and Rachna who were cuddling with each other on the couch in the dark room. Clearly, they were in their own world. Giggling at the lovebirds, she turned to look at Rakshan sitting beside her on the floor. She suddenly felt like he was watching her all the time.