29. Love isn't a fairytale

Smiles etched on their faces, a glass of wine in their hands, polite conversations slipped between ladies and gentlemen as the mellow tune from the piano filled the well-packed hall. Linking their arms, the couple of the moment, Amitosh and Malini smiled in content as they gazed at the people around them celebrating their fifty years of togetherness. Two responsible sons and daughter-in-laws, three lovely grandchildren with one all set to get married, a wonderful bunch of friends, staff cum family and a loving life partner, that's what they have ever wanted in their life. And they felt blessed.

"Who is this beautiful who is extra ordinarily beautiful today?" Rachna blushed a shade of pink matching with her pink A line gown.

"You don't look any less handsome in this black tuxedo." She complimented adjusting Harshan's bow.

"So I look handsome only in this tuxedo." Harshan smirked.

"You're being such a girl. How am I going to manage with you?" Rachna shook her head swatting his arms.

"Like how Malini Dadi manages Amit Dadu!"

Giggling both of them looked at the dance floor where their grandparents were slowly swaying to the soft music. Resting her head on Harshan's shoulder, Rachna sighed, "You're right Harsh."

"Dadi and I were always in a team running behind Dadu and Adi's back. Now it seems I have to run behind your back but I don't mind it." Rachna chuckled and side hugged him.

"Can I have a dance with this beautiful?" A man extended his hand to Rachna.

"No-"

"Yes, why not! Harshan won't mind."

Rachna muffled her laugh and held onto the man's hand leading him to the dance floor leaving an exasperated Harshan behind. If looks could kill, the man would have died ten times by Harshan's stare. He stood burning holes at the back of the man while his to be fiance had a difficult time controlling her laugh. Withstanding enough, Harshan stormed to the dancing pair.

"Can I have a dance with my lady?" Harshan demanded sternly making the man sulk who then marched away from the dance floor. Rachna found the entire situation funny and decided to rile Harshan more.

"You made the poor man run. I don't want to dance with you." Rachna scoffed and made her way out of the floor but she couldn't. Harshan held her hands and swiftly pulled her towards him, making her collide with his well- built chest. She gasped.

"See you're jealous." Rachna jibed locking his neck between her arms.

"I know you're mine, Rachu." Harshan replied huskily in her ears making goosebumps erupt on her hands.

"I'm not a man who gets jealous because my partner dances or talks with the other gender and I know you, Rachu." Harshan firmly replied gazing into her eyes.

"Then what were you doing with that man?" Rachna countered.

"First dance is my right, my lady. I wanted to dance first with you on this special occasion." Rachna let the matter slip as she swooned over his word 'my lady'. It made her feel his.

Holding onto each others hands, they danced gracefully to the music.

******

Dressed in a white netted tea length frock with a red bow in the middle of the frock at the side, Aditi looked pretty. Her hair combed to a side bounced on her shoulders and for once following Ayushi's strict orders she had applied her eye shadow and lip gloss keeping it natural.