33. Mumbai and Rains

The Verma house was bustling with preparations. Malini and Suchitra were on their toes throwing commands and making the people in the house run on fire. It was the engagement of their first set of grandchildren. Everything had to be perfect.

Harshan and Rakshan's parents, Vishwanath Arya and Shilpa Arya arrived the previous day and were proud of their son's choice. Seeing their sons back on terms, their joy knew no bounds. It was time for celebration.

Rachna walked across the corridor to enter her room. Suddenly an arm wrapped her from the back and a palm closed her mouth. She began to wriggle but was abruptly pulled into her room.

"I will kill you!" Rachna screeched as soon as her abductor lifted his hands from her mouth and stood before her.

"Wow! I took so much risk to meet my to be fiance from the prying eyes of our family and this is the welcome I get." Harshan pouted taking a step aside from her. With the entire family running around them, the lovebirds could not have their me time. Laughing at his tantrum, Rachna hugged him. An automatic smile traced the corners of Harshan's lips as he hugged her back.

"Now tell me why is my beautiful stressed?" Harshan inquired pulling from the hug and caressed her hair gently. Rachna sulked and signaled him to look at the bed where a heavy stoned silver lehenga and a flared scarlet pink lehenga laid.

"I don't know which one to choose, Harsh." She voiced her confusion and stood before the mirror with the silver lehenga.

"I think the pink one would go with your blush." Harshan suggested looking at the pink lehenga sprawled on the bed knowing very well her cheeks would have turned a shade of pink by now.

"I love when you blush because of me." He grinned placing the pink lehenga in front of her and looked at their reflection in the mirror.

"Perfect!" Rachna chimed. The reflection in the mirror looked like her post martial life where Harshan was helping her with her dresses in their own room.

"Now stop blushing, Rachu. My brain is getting other ideas." He protested. Rachna hanged the lehenga on the rod and turned back to him.

"Like?" Rachna played wrapping her hands around his neck.

"Like..." Harshan moved forward and whispered, "A kiss..."

"Then what's stopping you."

That was enough for Harshan. He swiftly pulled her by her waist closer to him and slowly traced his thumb on her plump lips. Pulling her more closer, he bended down and his lips moved to crash with hers.

"Save our innocent eyes!" Ayushi screeched placing her palms in front of her and Aditi's eyes who were standing in front of the open door. Harshan and Rachna abruptly pulled from each other and groaned.

"You can see us." Rachna grumbled rolling her eyes at her cousins.

"Butterfingers, I think we have spoiled a moment."

"Oh! So you realise that now." Rachna replied sarcastically while Harshan and Aditi chuckled at a frustrated Rachna.

"Di, Badi Ma is calling you for ring selection. We will give you ten minutes. Come down by then." Aditi said and pulled her sister out of the room.

"I think we will have our first kiss in our dreams only." Harshan groaned making Rachna pout. The mood for another kiss was spoiled.

"Hmmm...have you selected my ring?" Rachna quipped excitedly.

"Yes madam."

"Hey, show it to me."

"That's a surprise for you beautiful. You will see it day after tomorrow."