25. Its a yes!

Rakshan felt he had done the most tiring job of his life. He had pulled his disinterested brother who was highly interested in staying indoors to dress up in a blue shirt and white denims, while his brother honourably discarded each shirt he chose. Then came the gruesome car ride he had with Harshan who kept nagging him with all irrelevant questions. He just wished it was all worth it.

Harshan stood on the deserted road throwing curses at his younger brother who left him in the middle of the road at seven in the night. A small boy came towards him and held out a card to him. After thanking the boy, he looked at the simple white card which had block black letters printed on it. He read the lines aloud.

My life was black and white like this card.

Harshan had a broad smile on his face and marched few steps ahead to be stopped by a cute little girl in two piggy tails holding out another card for him. Ruffling her hair, he read the card filled with rainbow colours.

You have filled my life with rainbows and sunshine.

Another kid ran towards him giving him a card and indicated him to walk to the right. The card had a drawing of a family though it was poorly drawn it was perfect for Harshan.

Thank you for making me realise the value of my loved ones.

Soon a small girl gave him a card as he walked according to the direction given by the previous boy.

Thank you for making me understand who I am. Thank you for brightening my life.

Harshan lifted his head to see glowing lights on trees on the side. Walking further he entered a garden where he was met with a big card held onto a tree. Lifting the card he read.

When my Mom asked me to see alliances I was at loggerheads with myself. I thought I won't be able to give time for relationships due to my hectic work schedule and at that time if anyone had asked me to choose between my work and relationship. I would have chosen my work but today if someone had asked me the same question ,my answer is love. It is you who brought this change in me. I don't know what future holds for us but I see my entire future with you. I know I won't compromise anything with my work but I'm ready to compromise my everything for you. I want to share this feeling with you. I know you had a difficult past and its genuine to have fear to give love another chance but if you're ready to give love another chance come to the fountain in the garden.

Harshan stood frozen to the ground, he wanted this. He was ready to give love another chance. He was ready to let go his fears. He didn't need an affirmation from Rachna that she would chose him always in her life. He trusted her. He had seen the intensity of her love for him in her eyes, the hug she gave him spoke volumes of her love. Harshan took a step towards his love.

As he neared the fountain, he saw the four kids he met previously holding a card and balloons in their hands.

I love you Harsh!

A huge grin broke on his face and the kids let the colourful balloons fly in the air. He moved his gaze to a beautiful dinner set for two in between the blooming orchids. The lanterns hanging on the orchids illuminated the dark night but what captured his eyes was his beautiful lady dressed in an orange maxi with a bright smile on her face.

They both kept smiling and staring at each other. Not able to withstand the distance of few feet between them, they ran towards each other. Harshan held his arms wide to catch a jumping Rachna. He swirled her in air making her squeal. Bringing her back to the ground, he held her hands in his, he looked deep into her brown orbs with all the love he had. Moving a little closer to her ears, he screamed loudly.

I love you, Rachu!

Rachna stood dumbfounded. She didn't know whether she had to hit him for screaming in her poor ears or hug him for confessing his love. Thinking the first option was far better, she began hitting him with her hands.

"Hey woman, you were suppose to say I love you too. Not him me." He acted hurt holding her little hands in his big ones.

"I hate you, Harsh." Rachna yelled pulling away from him. Chuckling at her antics, Harshan took the red rose from the glass and held it in front of her.

"Today I'm giving you my heart, Rachu. I love you with all my heart." Harshan said softly emitting his love to her. Taking the rose from his hands, Rachna hugged him back. Both staying in the moment for a while.

"I do love to stay like this all my life but you see I'm hungry." Harshan whispered in her ears making Rachna stamp his right foot.

Crying in pain, Harshan yelled moving to the table along with her, " I think I have to reconsider my decision of spending my life with a violent woman." Harshan immediately regretted his words as he got another hard stamp on his left foot.

Hip-hoping to his seat, Harshan glared at Rachna who conveniently ignored him.

"What?" Rachna loftily asked.

"I was being romantic." Rachna added shrugging her shoulders.

"Seriously woman you need romantic classes." Harshan grumpily suggested.

"Surely I have already learned a love lesson from you. During romantic moments say something weird destroying the feel of the moment." Rachna challenged raising her brows to which he smiled sheepishly.

Throughout the dinner, they both fought who was more romantic in them both.

"You don't talk about romance. Have you ever kissed me?" Rachna blurted, mentally face palming herself. She wasn't supposed to say it aloud.

"Someone wants to be kissed. I see." Harshan replied making her cheeks crimson red.

"You're misinterpreting my words. The talk was about who was more romantic." Rachna clarified gaining her self-control. She mentally scowled for behaving like a school going teenager hearing the word kiss.

"Why don't I show how romantic I'm by my actions?" Harshan stood up from his table and held his hands to her. Taking his hands, Rachna stood up looking intently at each other, closing the distance between them. As their lips were about to graze each other, they closed their eyes smiling. Harshan's lip plunged forward to satiate his thirst but his lips did not have the perfect landing. His hot lips touched Rachna's flushed cheeks.

Giving a chaste kiss on her cheeks, Harshan pulled away shooting an accusatory look at her.

"I'm practicing the lesson you taught me before." Rachna laughed to which he rolled his eyes.

Pulling her back towards him, Harshan placed a gentle kiss on her forehead and softly said, " I love you, Rachu."

He heard a whisper in return, "I love you too, Harsh."

He smiled.

---------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE

A honest question was it too filmy? <hiding somewhere>

Till then, bye!!